Rules of publishing of scientific articles in scientific and production journal Potato and Vegetables
1. Scientific articles submitted to the editorial board must contain reliable results of completed studies (lasting at least two years) and be properly designed. The results of one year of research are not subject to publication.
2. Repeated referral for publication of the same article, or an article already published in another journal, is strictly not allowed.
3. Graduate students and applicants who send an article to the editorial board must necessarily indicate the code and the name of the specialty(s) in which they will defend the scientific qualification work.
4. Articles sent by e-mail are accepted for publication email@example.com. Articles must be saved in Microsoft Word 97-2003.
5. Scientific article size should not exceed 20-25 thousand printed characters without spaces, including tables, bibliography, annotation, and figures. It is not allowed to repeat the same data in the text, tables and diagrams.
6. A review in Russian or in English must be attached to an article, as well as scanned electronic copy of the accompanying letter from the scientific institution where the author works or conducts research, written on a standard form and signed by the head of the institution. In this letter must be guaranteed the originality of the data provided and that the article is published for the first time.
7. The article must include an abstract (at least 250 words) in Russian and standard English, keywords. The editorial board does not accept articles with machine translations of abstracts and keywords. The abstract must be considered as an independent complete unit, not as an appendix to the article. The abstract must briefly and specifically reflect the purpose of the research, give the original part of the methodology indicating the schemes and conditions of the experiments (region, years, soil type), the results (necessarily with digital data), formulate conclusions. It is not allowed to set the title of the article and the names of the authors in capital letters. The physical, chemical, technical, mathematical terms, units of measurement and symbols used in the articles must be standard. The dimension of all values accepted in the articles must correspond to the International System of Units (SI).
8. The article must contain a specifically formulated purpose.
9. The article must be logically structured: a brief introductory part (justifying the relevance of research, not the known facts), methodological section (brief description of weather conditions in years of researches, characteristics of the soil, the methods of working with appropriate references), research results and their analysis, conclusions (strictly relevant the purpose and results).
10. The article must contain no more than 10 tables.
11. Photographs, graphs and diagrams must not be placed in the text of the article. They must be sent as separate files with a resolution of at least 300 dpi or as a Microsoft Excel file (graphs and diagrams).
12. All figures: graphs, diagrams and photos must have signatures after pattern: Fig. 1. Signature. The name of the sent file must fully correspond to the caption. All captions must be indicated at the end of the article. All photos must be informative and correspond to the semantic content of the article.
13. References must include only those sources which are mentioned in the article. Sources must be arranged not in alphabetical order, but in the order of the course of references in the text of the article. References numbers in this case— , ,  etc., not , ,  etc. Authors are responsible for the correctness and accuracy of references. The references must contain at least 5-10 sources. If a source from the References has a doi, it must be specified. You can find the doi on the main page of the site https://www.crossref.org/, where the full source must be entered in the Search Metadata tab. If the article has a doi, it will be found in the search. If the source is not on the site https://www.crossref.org/, it can be located on the site https://search.datacite.org/, where you should use the search string in the same way.
14. At the end of the article it is necessary to specify the surname, name, patronymic of each author in full, his/her academic degree, position, full name of the institution, organization, enterprise, contact phone number, e-mail address.
15. For articles written in Russian:
The English part of the article must include:
– English translation of the article title;
– full translation into English the information specified in item 14, abstract and keywords.
For articles written in English:
The Russian part of the article must include:
– Russian translation of the article title;
– full translation into Russian the information specified in item 14, abstract and keywords.
16. Articles of postgraduates, whose participation in the article is 100% (the article is written without co-authors), are published free of charge. Postgraduates, who published an article in the journal, will receive by e-mail the article, the contents of the issue and the first page of the cover of the issue in pdf-format.
17. Research fellows (candidates and doctors of science) who send their articles for publication in the journal, including as co-authors of postgraduates, must provide the editorial staff with a scanned copy of the receipt of subscription to Potato and Vegetables journal.
Order of reviewing
– After receipt of the article, the editor-in-chief and the deputy editor-in-chief get acquainted with it. They evaluate the article for compliance with the rules for authors.
– The editor-in-chief determines the reviewer: a specialist corresponding to the article profile, doctor or candidate of sciences, who leads the researches and have published papers on the subject of the article, published not earlier than in the last three years.
– The editor-in-chief determines the reviewer: a specialist corresponding to the article profile, doctor or candidate of sciences, who leads the researches and have papers on the subject of the article, published not earlier than in the last three years.
– The article is sent to the reviewer.
– No later than 14 days after receipt of the article, the reviewer provides a review in which he reasonably recommends to accept the article for publication, to modify or to reject, with a list of comments.
– If the review is positive, the article is accepted for further work. If the review is negative, its text and the reviewer’s questions together with the article (without the reviewer’s name) is sent to the author.
Requirements for reviews of articles sent to Potatoes and Vegetables journal
1. A review is the result of article analysis and evaluation by an independent expert. A review should not be formal. The reviewer is recommended to check the compliance of the article with the requirements below.
2. Abstract reflects the specific results of research involving digital data (to show the relevance of the topic is not the task of the abstract).
3. Introduction bases the relevance of the topic and reflects the degree of its study in the literature.
4. The article has a specifically formulated purpose. This point should be given special attention, since the scheme, results and conclusions must be fully consistent with the purpose of the research.
5. The methodological section is written correctly. The research conditions (geographical location, soil characteristics, agro-climatic conditions during the research period) are reflected. References to all methodological sources are given, the scheme of experiment corresponds to the purpose and is correct methodically (for example, in experiments with pesticides along with control variant must contain a standard variant, etc.).
6. The presented results correspond to the scheme and purpose of research. They are mathematically processed. If the experience is two-factor, then the assessment of the materiality of particular differences is given. The data presented in the tables are analyzed to identify patterns, not simply described the contents of the tables.
7. The conclusions are specific, contain digital material, strictly correspond to the purpose stated in the article and reflect the results of the research.
8. The bibliography is correct. Publisher, pages, years of publication are indicated.
9. Information about the authors is given in full (surname, name, patronymic, position, academic degree, e-mail, place of work) in Russin and in English.
Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, professor