Smirnov A.N., Vasil’chenko V.V., Vorob’eva K.S.
Late blight and early blight caused with phytopathogens Phytophthora infestans (Mont.) de Bary and Alternaria alternata (Fr.) Keissl. are the dangerous diseases of potato and tomato. Bacteria are connected to the other dangerous problems of both potato and tomato, and other crops. Often bacteria especially pectolytic bacteria occur on affected plants with phytopathogeneous pseudofungi and fungi – with Ph. infestans и A. alternata as well. Objective of our investigation is an estimation of bacterial occurrence in Ph. infestans and A. alternata hyphosphaere as well as influence of bacteria on the Ph. infestans and A. alternate properties. Laboratory investigations were conducted at phytopathology branch of department of plant protection of RSAU–MTAA in 2016-2019. Ph. infestans isolates T-9, IO-37, 161, A. alternatа isolate D12 of MSU and RSAU–MTAA were investigated. Tuber disc inoculation of potato cultivars Zhukovskiy ranniy, Red Scarlett, Sarpo Mira, Lugovskoy and Udacha was done in 2016 at the temperature about 25 °C. Checking bacterial occurrence was done in Ph. infestans mycelia grown at oatmeal agar by means of light and electronic microscopy as well as with transferring on special selective media King B and YDS. As a result, occurrence of pectolytic bacteria was proved to be in Ph. infestans and A. alternatа hyphosphaere. At bacterial occurrence Ph. infestans lysis and morphological deviations as well as competitive expression at the loci of Glucose 6 Phosphate Isomerase (Gpi-1) and Malate Dehydrogenase (Mdh-2) are proved to be developed. Inoculation of potato tuber discs of five cultivars Zhukovskiy ranniy, Red Scarlett, Sarpo Mira and Udacha with suspensions of pathogens at increased temperature revealed essential bacterial development at increased temperature during already first day of incubation. Manifestation of these symptoms was significantly suppressed only on cultivar Lugovskoy. Ph. infestans and A. alternata mycelia as well as pectolytic bacteria of their hyphosphaere form on potato unique and stable pathocomplex with complicated interconnections which should be studied as quickly as possible. This pathocomplex provides strong combined infective phone on potato which is able to be essentially dangerous for this crop.
Key words: potato late blight, potato early blight, Phytophthora infestans, Alternaria alternata, pectolytic bacteria.
Smirnov A.N., Doctor Sci. (Biol.), professor of the department of plant protection, branch Phytopathology, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Agricultural Academy named after Timiryazev, chief research fellow of the department of intensive agriculture, Vladimir Research Institute of Agriculture. E–mail: email@example.com
Vasilchenko V.V., postgraduate student of the branch Phytopathology, the department of plant protection, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Agricultural Academy named after Timiryazev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vorob’eva K.S., master of the branch Phytopathology, the department of plant protection, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Agricultural Academy named after Timiryazev
- Applied value of determining the reproductive potential and aggressiveness of fungal and pseudo-fungal pathogens of potatoes and tomatoes. A.N. Smirnov, E.S. Prikhod’ko, V.V. Vasilchenko, V.P. Khokhlov, A.A. Sukhorukov, S.A. Kuznetsov. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No. 6. Pp. 18–23 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2019.71.33.005
- Kozlovskii B.E., Filippov A.V. Early blight of potatoes. Potato and vegetables. 2007. No.4. P. 31 (In Russ.).
- Phytophthorosis and alternariosis of potatoes and tomatoes under abnormal weather conditions in the Moscow region. A. Zolfagari, V.V. Antonenko, D.V. Zaitsev, A.A. Ignatenkova, A.G. Mamonov, R.V. Penkin, A.Yu. Poshtarenko, A.N. Smirnov. Plant protection and quarantine. 2011. No. 4. Pp. 40–42 (In Russ.).
- Smirnov A.N., Kuznetsov S.A. Determination of strategies of reproduction and viability of field populations of Phytophthora infestans. Plant protection and quarantine. 2006. No. 3. Pp. 20–23 (In Russ.).
- Lazarev A.M. List of scientific literature on the study of bacterial diseases of plants and biological properties of their agents. St. Petersburg: VIR, 2019. 27 p. (In Russ.).
- Dynamics of the species composition of potato pathogens in the European part of the Russian Federation. A.N. Ignatov, Y.S. Panycheva, M.V. Voronin, D.M. Vasil’ev, F.S. Dzhalilov. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No. 9. Pp. 28–32 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2019.57.62.003
- Overcoming varietal resistance of potato tubers to pathogens of the main potato diseases depending on changes in mycological parameters of pathogens. Vasilchenko V.V., Adamov A.A., Zhigachev O.A., Smirnov A.N. Agrarian science. 2019. No. 53. Pp. 69–72 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.32634/0869-8155-2019-326-3-69-72
- Smirnov A.N. Population structure of the phytopathogenic fungus Phytophthora infestans (Mont) de Bary in the Moscow region in 1991-1996: Diss. Cand. Biol. sciences. Moscow: Moscow State University, 1996. 209 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Smirnov A.N., Vasil’chenko V.V., Vorob’eva K.S. Bacteria in Phytophthora infestans and Alternaria alternata hyphosphaere on potato. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No3. Pp. 24-27. https://doi.org/ 0.25630/PAV.2020.80.55.003 (In Russ.)