Leunov V.I., Konovalenko I.M.
The Association of Independent Russian Seed Companies (AIRSC) takes an active position in defending the interests of its members and the industry as a whole. While protecting the interests of the Association members, the idea of creating a more efficient, competitive and civilized market for vegetable seeds and an amateur market for flower and ornamental plants are gradually moving forward. AIRSC coordinates its activities with public associations. It unites more than 20 organizations that provide for the production and sale of seeds of vegetable, melon and flower crops for professional and amateur markets in the amount of 70–90% of their total demand in Russia. The article shows the importance of the Association for the development of domestic selection and seed production of vegetable crops. During 2019, the Board of Directors of the Association prepared and sent appeals to such bodies as: EEC, State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, Government of the Russian Federation, FS Russian agricultural supervision, Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation, Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation. Currently, work continues on the implementation of the so called regulatory guillotine mechanism. The representative of the Association entered one of the expert groups and now takes part in meetings on an ongoing basis and brings to the developers the position of members of our Association. The Board of Directors and the Secretariat of AIRSC in accordance with the decisions of the General Meeting of AIRSC and the Decisions of the Board of Directors in the reporting 2019 constantly carried out a set of measures to turn domestic seed production into a modern industry that is developing on the latest technologies in modern market relations. The Association concentrates its efforts on issues related to the creation of new modern conditions for the development of selection and seed production of vegetable crops, and above all, on state subsidies for selection programs in vegetable production, regardless of the forms of ownership of selection organizations, expansion of scientific research on the development of new selection methods, parameters of technological techniques, optimization of tax policy in selection and seed production, preferential lending in this area, etc.
Key words: association, seeds, selection, vegetable seed production, order, draft, requirements, federal law, control, supervision, regulatory guillotine.
Leunov V.I., D.Sci. (Agr.), prof., Chairman of the Board of Directors AIRSC, acting Dean of the faculty of agronomy and biotechnology, Russian State Agrarian University – MTAA named after K. A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
Konovalenko I.M., executive director AIRSC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List of instructions for the implementation of the Address of the President of the Russian Federation to the Federal Assembly of February 20, 2019 [Web resource] URL: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/assignments/orders/59898. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Action plan («Road map») for the implementation of the «Regulatory guillotine» mechanism, approved by the Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev on may 29, 2019 N 4714p-P36 [Web resource] URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_329301. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Draft Federal law «On seed Production» prepared by the Rosselkhoznadzor in November 2019 [Web resource] URL: https://rosselhoscenter.com/index.php/stati-30/19914-proekt-fz-o-semenovodstve. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Decision of the EEC Council of 30.11.2016 No. 157 «On approval of the ECFT requirements for quarantined products and quarantined objects at the customs border and customs territory of the EAEU» [Web resource] URL: https://www.alta.ru/tamdoc/16sr0157. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Resolution Of the government of the Russian Federation of 08.02.2018 No. 128 «On approval of the Rules of control in places of production (including processing), shipment of quarantined products intended for import to the Russian Federation from foreign States or groups of foreign States, where the spread of quarantine objects characteristic of such quarantined products, in accordance with international agreements of the Russian Federation, for the purpose of its use for crops and plantings» [Web resource] URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_290593. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of agriculture of the Russian Federation No. 622 dated 12.12.2017 «On approval of the Procedure for the sale and transportation of batches of seeds of agricultural plants» [Web resource] URL: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71835386. Date of access: 05.11.19.
- Draft resolution of the government of the Russian Federation «On approval of the Regulations on the implementation of state quarantine phytosanitary control (supervision)», ID: 02/07/04-18/00080016 [Web resource] URL: http://orv.gov.ru/Content/Item?n=28741. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of agriculture of Russia dated 13.07.2016 No. 293 «On approval of the procedure for issuing a phytosanitary certificate, re-export phytosanitary certificate, quarantine certificate» [Web resource] URL: https://legalacts.ru/doc/prikaz-minselkhoza-rossii-ot-13072016-n-293. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of Railways of 18.06.2003 No 36 «On approval of the rules for transportation of quarantined goods by rail» [Web resource] URL: https://base.garant.ru/186009. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Draft Federal law on amendments to the Federal law «On plant quarantine» [Web resource] URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/556175644. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Draft decision of the EEC Commission «On approval of unified field testing documents and methods of varietal and seed control of seed crops» [Web resource] URL: https://www.alta.ru/tamdoc/19r00198. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
For citing: Leunov V.I., Konovalenko I.M. Protection of national plant breeding and vegetable crops seed production – the main task of AIRSC. Potato and Vegetables. 2020. No2. Pp. 3–8. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.18.2.001