I.G. Tarakanov, L.A. Panichkin, I.M. Konovalenko, E.D. Abrashkina.
A review on the role of silicon in soil formation and conservation, phosphorus and nitrogen availability, growth promoting effects and stress tolerance in plants is presented. Perspectives of silicon compounds application in vegetable crops production are discussed.
Keywords: silicon, fertilizers, plant growth regulators, vegetable crops.
I.G. Tarakanov, DSc, professor, Head of the Department of Plant Physiology, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
L.A. Panichkin, DSc, professor, Department of Plant Physiology, Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy. E-mail: email@example.com
I.M. Konovalenko, executive director, Association of Independent Russian Seed Companies. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.D. Abrashkina, PhD, associate professor, Department of Agriculture and methodology of field experiment. E-mail: email@example.com
- Soviet encyclopedic dictionary. Moscow. Soviet encyclopedia. 1983. 1600 p.
- Matychenkov I.V. Mutual influence of silicon, phosphorus and nitrogen-based fertilizers in the system soil-plant. These of Cand Biol. Sci. Moscow State University after M. V. Lomonosov, Department of soil science. Moscow, 2014. 136 p. (In Russ.).
- Rochev V. A. Influence of silicon fertilizers on soil fertility. Fertility and rational use of non-Chernozem soils. Perm: Perm agricultural Institute, 1988. Pp. 111–118 (In Russ.).
- Panov N.P., Goncharova N.A., Rodionova L. P. The role of amorphous silicic acid in the phenomena of soil salinity. Bulletin of agricultural science. 1982. No.11. Pp. 18–27 (In Russ.).
- Panova G.G., Anikina L.M., Kanash E.V., Udalova O.R., Shibanov D.V. Silicon-containing micronutrients in increasing plant resistance to stress factors. Agrophysics. 2012. No. 3 (7). Pp. 31–40 (In Russ.).
- Liang Y., Miroslav N., Belanger R.R., Gong H., Song A. Silicon in Agriculture: From Theory to Practice. Dordrecht: Springer Science + Business Media, 2015. 245 p.
- Dorais M., Theriault M. Beneficial effects of using silicon for organic greenhouse cucumber. Acta Horticulturae. 2018. Vol. 1227. Pp. 443–448.
- Wagner F. The importance of silicic acid for the growth of some cultivated plants, their metabolism and their susceptibility to true mildews. Phytopathology. 1940. Vol. 12. Pp. 427–479.
- Cherif M., Asselin A., Belanger R.R. Defense responses induced by soluble silicon in cucumber roots infected by Pythium spp. Phytopathology. 1994. Vol. 84. Pp. 236–242.
- Samsonova N.E. Silicon in plant and animal organisms. Agrochemistry . 2019. No1. Pp. 86–96 (In Russ.).
- Ma J. F. Function of silicon in higher plants. Prog. Mol. Subcell. Biol. 2003. Vol. 33. Pp. 127–147.
For citing: Tarakanov I.G., Panichkin L.A., Konovalenko I.M., Abrashkina E.D. Plant and multifunctional silicon. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No12. Pp. 14-16.