Chistyakova L.A., Baklanova O.V.
The article presents the results of evaluation of the combinational ability of nine inbreeding lines and testing thirteen new hybrid combinations of parthenocarpic cucumber in comparison with the standards F1 SV 4097 CV (Seminis, Netherlands) and F1 Piligrim (Poisk agrofirm, Russia) in winter-spring and summer-autumn rotations. Producers of vegetable products make high demands on the varietal and seed quality of seeds, which has a significant impact on the technology of growing cucumber crops and of on the amount of profit. Testing new cucumber hybrids in production conditions before they are added to the State register of breeding achievements with the subsequent introduction of the most competitive and technologically advanced hybrids into commercial production of vegetable products is one of the important stages of research in the field of breeding. The purpose of the scientific work is to create new parthenocarpic cucumber inbreeding lines with a complex of economically useful features and to obtain high-yielding parthenocarpic cucumber hybrids for vegetable producers on their basis. The research was carried out in Agrofirm Poisk (Moscow region, Ramenskiy district) and in ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI Federal Scientific Vegatable Centre in polycarbonate heated greenhouses during 2019–2021. As a result of evaluation of the combinational ability of parthenocarpic inbreeding lines, it was found that in order to obtain early cucumber hybrids, the following should be used as a maternal component the line L.1010; as a paternal component – the lines L.6 and L.415. For breeding high-yielding cucumber hybrids, hybridization with the lines L.1010, L.6, L.415, L.1013 and L.21 should be carried out. The significant influence of the growing and fruiting periods of plants on productivity and yield was noted. As a result of the research work, four hybrid combinations (L.993×L.415, L.1010×L.21, L.993×L.21, L.993× L.1008) which exceeded the standards F1 SV 4097 CV and F1 Piligrim, were determined by high yield and recommended for production tests in greenhouses conditions.
Key words: cucumber, parthenocarpic hybrids, adaptability, sheltered ground, commercial yield, yield.
Chistjakova L.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow, breeding of cucurbitaceous crops laboratory, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI of Federal Scientific Vegetable Centre, breeder of Poisk Agro Holding.E-mail: email@example.com
Baklanova O.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow, breeding of cucurbitaceous crops laboratory, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI of Federal Scientific Vegetable Centre, breeder of Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whole year growing of cucumber hybrids in the crop rotation of greenhouses in the Middle Urals. A.V. Yurina, M.Yu. Karpukhin, T.I. Gladysheva, V.I. Krivobokov. Yekaterinburg. Ural State Agrarian University. 2017. 128 p. (In Russ.).
- Chistyakova L.A., Baklanova O.V. Breeding of cucumber in Poisk Agro Holding. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No8. Pp. 8–9 (In Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. Field experiment technique in vegetable growing. Moscow. Rosselkhozakademiya. 2011. 648 p. (In Russ.).
- Recommendations and guidelines for breeding and seed production of cucumber. Ed. by Pivovarov V.F. and acad. P.F. Kononkov. Moscow. 1999. 293 p. (In Russ.).
- Guidelines for breeding and seed production of heterotic cucumber hybrids. Compiled by N.N. Tkachenko, O. V. Yurina, E.T. Meshcherov et al. Moscow. 1985. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- Guidelines for the breeding and seed production of cucumbers in greenhouses. Moscow. VASKHNIL. 1976. 73 p. (In Russ.).
- Guidelines for the breeding of cucumbers. Compiled by: O.V. Yurina, N.N. Korganova, I.V. Ermolenko et al. Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1985. 55 p. (In Russ.).
- Methodology for state variety testing of agricultural crops. Moscow. 1985. 263 p. (In Russ.).
- Variety study of parthenocrypic cucumber hybrids under conditions of the second light zone (Kirov). E.L. Makarova, L.A. Chistyakova, O.V. Baklanova, Yu.V. Bortsova. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No11. Pp. 33-36. DOI:10.25630/PAV.2020.30.39.004 (In Russ.).
- Methodology RTG / 0061/2 Assessment for distinctness, uniformity and stability of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) dated June 29. 2009. No12-06/13 (In Russ.).
- Baklanova O.V., Chistyakova L.A. A new cucumber F1 hybrid Piligrim: growing in plastic film greenhouses. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No3. Pp. 9-12. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2019.71.84.001 (In Russ.).
- Savchenko V.K. Method of estimation of combinational ability of genetically different-quality sets of parent forms. Minsk. Science and Technics. 1973. Pp. 48–78 (In Russ.).
- Samigullina N.S., Kirina I.B. Practicum on genetics. Michurinsk-naukograd RF. 2008. P. 152 [Web resource]. URL: http://window.edu.ru/resource/329/64329/files/0150.pdf Access date: 14.02.2022.
For citing: Chistyakova L.A., Baklanova O.V. Breeding of parthenocarpic cucumber hybrids for heated greenhouses. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No3. Pp. 27-31. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.78.85.005 (In Russ.).