Kornev A.V., Sokolova L.M., Khovrin A.N., Leunov V.I., Kosenko M.A.
The selection of carrots in Russia is carried out by FSBSI FSVC, Agroholding «Poisk», LLC «Breeding station named after N.N. Timofeeva» and others. The purpose of the work is to select the initial material and create new pollinating lines for carrots with the simultaneous refinement of those in the genetic collection of the ARRIVG- a branch of the FSBSI FSVC. The studies were carried out in 2011-2019 in the conditions of the Moscow region on the experimental base and in the selection center of the ARRIVG - a branch of the FSBSI FSVC. The material for the work was varieties and hybrids of domestic and foreign selection, breeding material obtained from interline and intervarietal crosses. The breeding work was carried out by the method of multiple inbreeding (up to I3-4). As the breeding material worked out for resistance to Alternaria and Fusarium, morphological uniformity, they switched to sib crosses. The breeding process for the creation of new pollinator lines was carried out in the nursery of the source material and the breeding nursery. As a result of breeding work, 14 new lines-pollinators of carrots were obtained and 4 lines, which are available in the genetic collection of the ARRIVG- a branch of the FSBSI FSVC, were modified. Most of the pollinator lines (5 pcs.) belong to the Kuroda variety type, four - Berlikum/Nantes, three each - Berlikum, Flakke, two - Chantenay, one - Nantes. The total yield of the lines varies from 70.9 to 110.0 t/ha. The highest yield was formed by lines 93-2, 98, 56-2. Significant limits of β-carotene content (11.1 - 16.8 mg%) are associated with the origin of the lines. It was noted that inbred lines obtained from the source material of foreign selection contain less β-carotene. Six lines are late maturing, ten are mid-maturing, two are early maturing. As a result of the assessment of inbred lines for resistance to fungal diseases, it was found that 16 lines belong to weakly susceptible on infectious and natural backgrounds, two lines are moderately susceptible: 805 - according to the infectious background Alternaria, REW - according to two infectious backgrounds. On a natural background, all lines are weakly receptive.
Key words: carrots, selection, pollinator line, inbreeding
Kornev A.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokolova L.M., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: email@example.com
Khovrin A.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), chief research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leunov V.I., D. Sci. (Agr.), Professor of the Department of Vegetable Growing, RSAU-MTAA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
Kosenko M.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Varieties and hybrids of vegetable, melons and ornamental crops of the NIIOH selection. Moscow. Rosagropromizdat. 1990. 160 p. (In Russ.).
- Chistova A.V. Application of the method of molecular genetic analysis to identify carrot plants with cytoplasm of the petaloid type. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No 9. Pp. 33-35. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2018.9.18333 (In Russ.).
- Bach I.C., Olesen A., Simon P.W. PCR-based markers to differentiate the mitochondrial genomes of petaloid and male fertile carrot (Daucus carota L.). Euphytica. 2002. No 127. Pp. 353–365.
- Methods of selection and seed production of vegetable root crops. Moscow. 2003. 288 p. (In Russ.).
- Guidelines for the selection of varieties and heterotic hybrids of vegetable crops. Leningrad. 1974. 213 p. (In Russ.).
- Methods of accelerated selection of carrots for complex resistance to fungal diseases (Alternaria and Fusarium). V.I. Leunov, A.N. Khovrin, T.A. Tereshonkova, N.S. Gorshkova, L.M. Sokolova, K.L. Alekseeva. Moscow. GNU VNIIO. 2011. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- Oliver J., Palou A. Chromatographic determination of carotenoids in foods. Journal of Chromatography. 2000. Vol. 881. Pp. 543–555.
- Guidelines for accelerated selection of varieties of root crops. Moscow. VASKHNIL. 1972. 17 p. (In Russ.).
- Wurtz T.S. Creation and evaluation of the initial material for breeding for heterosis of carrot (Daucus carota L.) using biotechnology methods: author. dis. ... cand. agr. sciences. Moscow. 2018. 26 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Creation of pollinating lines for carrots. A.V. Kornev, L.M. Sokolova, A.N. Khovrin, V.I. Leunov, M.A. Kosenko. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No9. Pp. 37-40. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.27.11.007