Kosenko M.A., Timakova L.N.
Cultivars of radish in Russia are represented by three geographical groups – European, Chinese and Japanese. The basis of the modern methodology of breeding work on root crops is the creation of variety populations and hybrids of root crops with an attractive appearance and a sufficiently high nutritional value, suitable for new technologies of growing and processing in order to meet the requirements of the market. For the period of 2020, the state register includes 96 cultivars, of which 22 – winter radish, 8 – summer radish, and 1 F1 hybrid, 25 – loba and 2 F1 hybrids, daikon – 28, and 10 hybrids. In the assortment structure of the market of vegetable products, table root crops occupy 24%, of which the most popular crops, both in production and in personal subsidiary farms, are beet and carrots (about 120 thousand ha) as well as radish, turnip, parsnip, radish, rutabaga, daikon, etc., grown on smaller areas, in private farms, but their role in the rational and healthy human nutrition is very important. The purpose of the research is to evaluate the collection material of Chinese radish (Loba), Japanese radish (daikon), European radish on economically valuable characteristics (shape, color and weight of marketable root crops) for use in the selection process to create new varieties and hybrids. The object of research was 15 cultivars of radish, including 6 of Chinese radish (Loba), 4 of Japanese radish (daikon), 5 of European radish of domestic selection. 3 bred in the Poisk Agro Holding. According to the intensity of leaf colour, 66.7% of cultivars had green, 26.7% dark green, and 6.6 % light green leaf color. With a dark colour: Chinese radish Margelanskaya and Misato pink, Japanese radish Almaz, European radish Nochka. The total yield of the cultivars varied from 25.4 mm (Lady) to 87.7 t/ha (Inovasi). The level of marketability varied from 88.1 to 97.5%. The highest indicator was observed in the Misato pink cultivars.
Key words: radish, cultivar, characteristics, yield, marketability
Kosenko M.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow of department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of the FSBSI FSVC, breeder of the Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timakova L.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow of department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of the FSBSI FSVC, breeder of the Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: email@example.com
- Kosenko M.A., Khovrin A.N. Bianka – a new cultivar of radish. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No6. Pp. 31–32 (In Russ.).
- State register of breeding achievements approved for use. Vol. 1. Plant Cultivars (official publication). Moscow. Rosinformagrotech. 2020. 680 p. (In Russ.).
- Domestic cultivars and hybrids for retail chains. O. V. Baklanova, O. R. Davletbaeva, M. G Ibragimbekov, M. A. Kosenko, G. A. Kostenko, T. A. Tereshonkova, L. N. Timakova, L. A. Chistyakova, A. N. Khovrin. Potato and vegetables. 2018. no. 10. Pp. 2–7. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2018.10.18441 (In Russ.).
- Kosenko M.A. Ways to increase the productivity of table root crops. In the papers collection: Resource conservation and adaptability in technologies of cultivation of agricultural crops and processing of crop production. 2018. Pp. 242–245 (In Russ.).
- Fedorova M.I., Soldatenko A.V., Stepanov V.A. et al. Methodological bases of selection and seed production of vegetable root plants. Vegetables of Russia. 2018. No3 (41). Pp. 52–55 (In Russ.).
- Plant breeding is the solution for import substitution in vegetable production. V.F. Pivovarov, A.V. Soldatenko, O.N. Pyshnaya, L.K. Gurkina, Naumenko T.S. Vegetables Of Russia. 3(36). 2017. Pp. 3–15. https://doi.org/10.18619/2072-9146-2017-3-3-15 (In Russ.).
- Mironov A.A., Monakhos G.F. Creating a line of lobes (Raphanus sativus L.) resistant to the keel and evaluating their combinational ability. Proceedings of TSAA. Vol. 4. 2015. Pp. 18–25 (Vol. 5).
- Sychev S.M., Tretyakov V.A., Sycheva I.V. Daikon is a perspective crop of the Russian non-chernozem zone. Herald of RUDN. 2009. No.2. Pp. 55–60 (In Russ.).
- Kochetov A.A., Sinyavina N.G. Creation of new forms of Raphanus sativus L. with the predicted complex of economically valuable traits using the methodology of accelerated plant breeding // Potato and vegetables. 2019. No.10. Pp. 29–34. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2019.70.54.003 (In Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. Methodology of a field experience in vegetable growing. Moscow. RAAS. 2011. 648 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Kosenko M.A., Timakova L.N. Breeding of source material for radish breeding. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No9. Pp. 33-36. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.63.92.006 (In Russ.).