Eroshevskaya A.S., Tereshonkova T.A., Khovrin A.N.
Tiered Vegetation Pipe Plant (TVPP) “Fitopiramida” is one of the advanced technologies for growing vegetable crops, which allows to significantly increase the yield of tomatoes per unit area. One of the unique opportunities provided by “Fitopiramida” technology is to obtain a large harvest of tomatoes in a short time both due to earlier ripening and high planting density on installations. For this reason breeding of highly productive and competitive tomato hybrids with group resistance to diseases, suitable for morpho-biological features for cultivation using this technology is actual task. In 2019–2021 the authors developed breeding models of cherry and cocktail tomato hybrids, large-fruited and brush tomato hybrids for “Fitopiramida” technology were developed, in which the specific requirements for tomato hybrids are taken into account. Based on the developed models, methods of material evaluation and selection for breeding work were chosen. To confirm the hypothesis about the possibility of carrying out part of the selections in the conditions of the ground greenhouses technology during breeding for “Fitopiramida”, in 2021 21 indeterminate tomato hybrids F1 (large-fruited, brush, cherry) were tested in the film ground greenhouse of the Selection Center ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC and in the polycarbonate greenhouse “Fitopiramida” with following correlation analysis of data. Based on the research results, it was concluded that it is possible to evaluate indeterminate tomato hybrids in conditions of film ground greenhouses during breeding for “Fitopiramida” technology by individual characteristics: large-fruited and brush hybrids – by the average weight of one fruit (r = 0.72) and the duration of the period “germination – beginning of ripening” (r = 0.64), cherry hybrids – by yield (r = 0.75) and average weight of one fruit (r = 0.95). For the most reliable assessment and accurate selection of the most promising tomato hybrids, their testing on hydroponic installations is required.
Key words: Fitopiramida, multilevel installation, hydroponic technology, breeding process, tomato hybrid model, correlation analysis.
Eroshevskaya A.S., post-graduate student FSBSI FSVC, junior research fellow, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tereshonkova T.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), Head of laboratory of immunity and breeding of Solanaceae, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, tomato breeder of Agrofirm Poisk. E-mail: email@example.com
Khovrin A.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), associate professor, head of department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Russian market of vegetables of covered ground: state and prospects. [Web resource] URL: https://specagro.ru/sites/default/files/2020-12/teplichnye-kompleksy-rossii-i-sng.pdf. Access date: 03.03.22. (In Russ.).
- Creation of tomato genetic resources for narrow shelf hydroponics technology. V.F. Pivovarov, I.T. Balashova, S.M. Sirota, E.G. Kozar’, E.V. Pinchuk. Pomiculture and small fruits culture in Russia. 2012. Vol. 34. No2. Pp. 106–121. (In Russ.).
- Creating modern competitive hybrids tomato for greenhouse plants of small-volume hydroponics. M.Yu. Karpukhin, S.I. Ignatova, V.M. Motov, V.A. Kuimova, V.M. Voloshyn. E3S Web of Conferences 282. 2021. 03025. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/202128203025.
- Selyanskii A.I., Lobashev E.V. High productive, energy-efficient technology of tomato production. A myth? Reality! Vegetable growing. 2013. No2. Pp. 70–72. (In Russ.).
- Selyanskii A.I., Lobashev E.V. Hydroponics on «Fitopiramidas». Vegetable growing. 2013. No6. Pp. 62–68. (In Russ.).
- Ivanter E.V., Korosov A.V. Fundamentals of biometrics: an introduction to statistical analysis of biological phenomena and processes. Petrozavodsk. PetrSU Publishing House. 1992. 168 p. (In Russ.).
- Eroshevskaya A.S. Tomato varieties and hybrids test on low-volume technology «Fitopiramida». News of FSVC. 2020. No2. Pp. 104–109. DOI: 10.18619/2658-4832-2020-2-104-109. (In Russ.).
- Eroshevskaya A.S., Tereshonkova T.A. Cherry and cocktail tomato hybrids evaluation for hybrid modeling for low-volume technology «Fitopiramida». Potato and vegetables. 2020. No11. Pp. 37–40. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2020.96.70.005. (In Russ.).
- Eroshevskaya A.S. Evaluation of tomato phenological stages passing on multilevel installations «Fitopiramida». Vegetable crops of Russia. 2021. No. 5. Pp. 54–58. DOI: 10.18619/2072-9146-2021-5-54-58. (In Russ.).
- AL-Rukabi M.N.M., Leunov V.I., Tereshonkova T.A. Evaluation of tomato hybrids of various commodity groups under soilless culture type «Fitopyramida». In the book: Science without borders and language barriers. Materials of the international scientific and practical conference. Orel. 2021. Pp. 41–46.
- Molecular genetic analysis of F1 tomato hybrids for resistance to fusarium wilt. A.S. Eroshevskaya, A.A. Egorova, N.A. Milyukova, A.S. Pyrsikov. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No5. Pp. 37–40. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2021.44.34.006. (In Russ.).
- Identification of Cf-9 gene alleles of resistance to leaf mold in F1 tomato hybrids bred by Poisk agrofirm. A.S. Eroshevskaya, A.A. Egorova, N.A. Milyukova, A.S. Pyrsikov. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No3. Pp. 35–37. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2021.55.18.004. (In Russ.).
- The Effect of LED Lighting on The Growth of Seedlings of Hybrid Tomato. M.N. Al-Rukabi, V.I. Leunov, I.G. Tarakanov, T.A. Tereshonkova. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 2021. Vol. 910. No1. Pp. 012127. DOI:10.1088/1755-1315/910/1/012127.
For citing: Eroshevskaya A.S., Tereshonkova T.A., Khovrin A.N. Elements of the breeding methodology of heterotic tomato hybrids F1 for “Fitopiramida” technology. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No4. Pp. 28-32. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.60.65.006 (In Russ.).