Leunov V.I., Konovalenko I.M.
The Association unites more than 20 organizations that provide the production and sale of seeds of vegetable, melon and flower crops for the professional and amateur markets in the amount of 70-90 % of their total demand in Russia. The AIRSC includes private breeding and seed companies (both Russian and foreign), as well as state scientific institutions. It takes an active part in the discussion of new legislative initiatives and initiatives to amend the existing RLA. The Association's activities are also aimed at solving a wide range of problems related to the infringement of the rights and legitimate interests of economic entities. Among them are the following: issues related to the work of breeding institutions, the development of elite seed production, seed refinement, and the sale of final products. The Board of Directors and the Secretariat of the AIRSC, in accordance with the decisions of the General Meeting of the AIRSC and the Decisions of the Board of Directors, constantly implemented a set of measures to transform domestic seed production into a modern industry that develops on the latest technologies in the conditions of modern market relations. The formation in Russia of a modern legal framework for the seed production of agricultural plants, primarily vegetable, flower, ornamental, lawn grasses, a civilized market for vegetable seeds in Russia, and the integration of breeding achievements into the world seed industry. With the participation of representatives of the Association, two important federal laws were prepared and signed by the President. These two Federal Laws (247-FL and 248-FL) can really play an important role in the development of the economy and business of the members of our Association, in particular. The Association occupies a modest place among the organizations that take part in the assessment of the regulatory impact of the regulatory acts of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia, and also, despite the fact that the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia sometimes manages to ignore its existence and avoid the necessary expert meetings, it still achieved some improvements in the development of domestic breeding and seed production, primarily vegetable crops.
Key words: Association, seeds, selection, seed production, order, project, requirements, federal law, control, supervision, message.
Leunov V.I., D.Sci. (Agr.), prof., Chairman of the Board of Directors AIRSC, professor of Department of vegetable growing, Russian State Agrarian University – MTAA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
Konovalenko I.M., executive director AIRSC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No. Pr-434, The list of instructions of the President following the meeting with representatives of the society in Adygea [Web resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_347144 Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- No. 9919p-P11. (In Russ.).
- Federal Law No. 247-FZ of 31.07.2020 On Mandatory Requirements in the Russian Federation. [Web resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_358670 / Date of reference: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- Federal Law On Technical Regulation of 27.12.2002 No. 184-FZ. [Web resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_40241/ Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- The Treaty on the Eurasian Economic Union (Signed in Astana on 29.05.2014) (ed. from 01.10.2019). (item 1, Article 52). [Web resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_163855 / Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- No. 248-FZ of 31.07.2020 «On State control (supervision) and municipal control in the Russian Federation». [Web resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_358750/ Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- Federal Law of 17.12.1997 No. 149-FZ On seed production [Web resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_358750/ Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation No. 622 On approval of the procedure for the sale and transportation of batches of seeds of agricultural plants dated 12.12.2017 [Web resource]. URL: https://normativ.kontur.ru/document?moduleId=1&documentId=312256. Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- The Law of the Russian Federation On selection achievements of 06.08.1993 No5605-1 [Web resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_4628/ Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- Federal Law On the Entry into Force of Part Four of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation dated 18.12.2006 No. 231-FZ [Web resource] URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_64630 / Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- The RF Government decree №584 On introducing amendments to the Statute on the Ministry of agriculture of the Russian Federation and invalidation of certain acts of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 6, 2008, the Federal law [Web resource] URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_79070/ Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
- The order of the Deputy of the Ministry of agriculture of the Russian Federation (S.A. Dankvert) from 09.04.2002 No368 in the reorganization of the State Commission of the Russian Federation for testing and protection of selection achievements by addition of state institutions as branches (Gossortkomissiya). [Web resource] URL: http://base.garant.ru/12126752/ Access date: 16.02.2021. (In Russ.).
For citing: Leunov V.I., Konovalenko I.M. AIRSC’s contribution to the development of breeding and seed production in Russia. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No3. Pp. 3-7. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.68.37.003 (In Russ.).