Konovalenko I. M.
The Association of independent Russian seed companies (AIRSC) systematically promotes its position at all levels of government. One of the most important issues in the work of the Association today is to bring the legislative and regulatory framework in line with the development of the industry. Objective: to analyze the current legislative and regulatory framework in the field of selection and seed production of vegetable crops and identify problem areas that require the adoption of appropriate amendments. The analysis used an abstract logical method that includes a set of methods of induction and deduction, analysis and synthesis, analogy, comparisons, system-structural analysis, formalization, modeling, and forecasting. It is proved that only by becoming competitive, agriculture and some of its branches can get a part of the world market, in which today Russia is seriously inferior to other countries in a number of industries. The role of private breeding companies and world zones of commodity seed production and associations in the formation of a civilized market for vegetable seeds is shown. The definition of countries with the European and American model of the legal framework is given. The facts of state support for breeding companies abroad are given. It is concluded that in all countries where breeding and seed companies operate, favorable conditions for their development are systematically created by the States. Therefore, if today the tasks of import substitution and creation of export potential are set in the Russian Federation, it is necessary to take an objective look at the state of domestic selection and seed production of vegetable crops, determine their path of development and create an appropriate legislative and regulatory framework for this. We need competent system professional solutions, appropriate legislative and regulatory acts, and reducing the administrative burden.
Key words: Association, seeds, selection, seed production of vegetable crops, Food security doctrine, ISTA, import substitution.
Konovalenko I.M., Executive Director of AIRSK. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 01.21.2020 No20 «On approval of the Doctrine of Food Security of the Russian Federation» [web resource] URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_343386/. Date of access: 02.06.20 (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of agriculture of the Russian Federation of 07.08.2015 No344 (ed. of 06.12.2019) «Оn amendments to the order of the Ministry of agriculture of the Russian Federation of February 6, 2014 N33» [web resource] URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_225203/. Date of access: 06.02.20. (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of agriculture of Russia dated 13.07.2016 No293 «Оn approval of the procedure for issuing a phytosanitary certificate, re-export phytosanitary certificate, quarantine certificate» [web resource] URL: https://legalacts.ru/doc/prikaz-minselkhoza-rossii-ot-13072016-n-293. Date of access: 05.11.19 (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of agriculture of the Russian Federation dated August 10, 2017 No390 «Оn approval of the procedure for immediate notification of the Federal service for veterinary and phytosanitary surveillance on the delivery of quarantined products, quarantined objects, including in electronic form» [web resource] URL: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71654846/. Date of access: 06.02.20 (In Russ.).
- Order of the Ministry of agriculture of the Russian Federation No622 dated December 12, 2017 «Оn approval of the procedure for the sale and transportation of batches of agricultural plant seeds» [web resource] URL: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71835386/. Date of access: 06.02.20 (In Russ.).
- Federal law of 17.12.1997 No149-FZ (ed. of 03.07.2016) «Оn seed production» [web resource] URL: https://legalacts.ru/doc/federalnyi-zakon-ot-17121997-n-149-fz-o/. Date of access: 06.02.20 (In Russ.).
- The RF Government decree of February 8, 2018 No. 128 «About approval of rules of implementation of oversight of places of production (including processing), shipping of regulated products intended for importation to the Russian Federation from foreign States or groups of foreign States, where the identified distribution of quarantine objects, which is typical for such regulated products in accordance with international treaties of the Russian Federation, for its use for crop and landings» [web resource] URL: https://www.alta.ru/tamdoc/18ps0128/. Date of access: 06.02.20 (In Russ.).
For citing: Konovalenko I. M. Market economy needs market laws. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No3. Pp. 3-9. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.98.77.001 (In Russ.)