Zebrin S.N., Gracheva I.A., Anisimov B.V.
The article considers the results of comparative tests of variety samples of original seed potatoes by the method of soil control. The soil control test on the experimental base Korenevo of the «Federal Research Center of Potatoes» (Moscow region) site is located on sod-podzolic sandy loam soil. The predecessor is a busy couple (green manure cultures). Mineral fertilizers (azofoska with the addition of potassium magnesium) were applied in doses of N90H90K135 when cutting ridges. Testing of cultivars was carried out in plots on two parallel rows of 50 tubers each with a planting pattern of 75×30 cm, plot area – 25 m2. In 2019–2020 crop season comparative trials of seed potato samples where required out for detailed check of compliance with the normative tolerances of the standard requirements related to varietal identity and purity and, the level of viral and bacterial diseases transmitted through seed material 247 samples of original seed potatoes were evaluated to determine their varietal identity, the presence or absence of other varieties and plants affected by viral and bacterial diseases transmitted through seed material. By the totality of the varietal distinctive features of the plant, stem, leaf, inflorescence, the presence of plants with deviations in the typicality of varietal traits was revealed in 7 varieties, including mini-tubers (1 sample), the first field generation from mini-tubers (5 samples) and super-superquality (1 sample). On the basis of a more detailed study, in 3 samples of the first field generation from minitubers, plants with deviating traits were identified as an admixture of another variety. Exceeding the established tolerances of the standard for viral diseases (YВК) was detected in 80 samples, including 17 samples of mini-tubers, 31 samples of the first field generation from mini-tubers, and 38 samples of the super-superquality. Plants with external signs of bacteriosis infection (blackleg) controlled standard tolerances were not found. The indicators of plant productivity and the structure of the yield differed depending on the conditions of the season, the timing of ripening of varieties and basically corresponded to their varietal characteristics. Plant productivity indicators (tuber weight, g/bush), depending on the variety, generation and seasonal conditions, varied in the range from 372 to 1055 g/bush. The highest and most stable tuber weight indicators were observed in the varieties Krasa Meshchery, Gulliver, Sadon, Favorit, Meteor.
Key words: seed potatoes, varietal samples, standart requirements
- Normative regulation of the commercial quality of seed potatoes: varietal purity, diseases, pests, defects. Methodical and practical guidance. Under the general editorship of A.M. Malko, B.V. Anisimov. Moscow. FGBU Rosselkhoztsentr, FGBNU VNIIKH. 2019. 68 p. (In Russ.).
- Technological process for the production of original, elite and reproductive seed potatoes. A practical guide. Under the general editorship of A.M. Malko, B.V. Anisimov. Moscow. FGBU Rosselkhoztsentr, FGBNU VNIIKH. 2017. 64 p. (In Russ.).
- Interstate standard GOST 33996-2016 Seed potatoes. Technical conditions and methods for determining quality. Moscow. Standartinform. 2016. 41 p. (In Russ.).
- Anisimov B.V., Zebrin S.N., Simakov E.A., Mityushkin A.V., Meleshin A.A. and Zhuravlev A.A. Comparative field trial of samples of original seed potatoes. Potato Vegetables. 2018. No6. Pp. 30–33.
- Anisimov B.V., Zebrin S.N., Blinkov E.G., Gracheva I.A. Potato seed quality control system development in Russia. Res. On Crops 21 (Spl. Issue). 2020. Pp. 87–91.
- UNECE. Standard S-1. Concerning the marketing and commercial quality control of seed potatoes. United Nations. New York and Geneva. 2017. 41 p.
- Forbes G.A., Charkowski A., Andrade-Piedra J., Parker M.L., Schulte-Geldermann E. Potato Seed Systems. The Potato Crop (Eds: Hugo Campos, Oscar Ortuz). Lima. Springer. 2020. Pp. 431–447.
- Singh B.P., Sharma S. Potato seed production systems – then and now. Potato J. 2018. Vol. 45. Pp. 1–16.
- Guidelines for control plot tests and field inspection of seed crops. Paris. Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2001. 212 p.
- UPOV method for evaluating varieties for distinctness, uniformity and stability. Official Bulletin of the State Commission of the Russian Federation for Testing and Protection of Breeding Achievements. Moscow. Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation. 2002. No6. 10 p. (In Russ.).
For cifing: Zebrin S.N., Gracheva I.A., Anisimov B.V. Monitoring of original seed potatoes by method of field trial of samples. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No2. Pp. 24-27. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.27.78.005 (In Russ.).