Muraveva I.V., Azopkova M.A., Polyakov A.V.
Garlic is exclusively vegetatively propagated crop which is damaged by numerous funguses, bacterial and other phytopathogens. Under propagation of infected plants phytopathogens are transferred to progenies that leads to decrease productivity, to loss of quality, storability and frequently to degeneration of cultivars. The complexity of timely identification of presence of internal infection in landing material of garlic caused investigation of methods of biotechnology for the solution of this problem. The investigations were carried out on cloves of summer and winter garlic grown up in field conditions of the experimental plot belonging to All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable Growing – a branch of FSBSI Federal Scientific Vegetable Centre and stored in laboratory room at the temperature about 10 °C within 7-8 months. For introduction to in vitro culture there were selected outwardly healthy, not defective cloves the bottom parts of which were used as exsplants. After sterilization explants were placed on a medium. Cultivation of explants of summer and winter garlic on a medium in vitro culture allowed to reveal presence of the internal infection, the characteristic of garlic which is falling into to the sorts Fusarium, Penicillum, Pseudomonas. Contamination of landing material of garlic by fungi of the sort Aspergillus, earlier not recorded in the conditions of the Moscow region was established in the experiment. The share of damaged explants of winter garlic by pathogens made 9.3%, summer garlic – 8.2%. The greatest abundance was received by genus Fusarium fungi share of which on winter garlic consisted of 65.6%, on summer garlic – 27.6%. The carried out investigations showed that landing material of winter and summer garlic is infected with the diseases, characteristic of culture, and needs complex improvement.
Key words: in vitro propagation, garlic, disk, explant, phytopathogens, contamination
Muraveva I.V., junior research fellow, Department of Biotechnology and Innovative Projects, ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: email@example.com
Azopkova M.A., Cand. Sci (Agr.). research fellow, Department of Biotechnology and Innovation Projects, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Polyakov A.V., D. Sci. (Biol.), professor, head of Department of Biotechnology and Innovation Projects, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: email@example.com
- Harmfulness of mycosiss on culture of garlic winter-annual in the conditions of Moscow region. Seredin T.M., Gerasimova L.I., Kozar E.G., Engalycheva I.A., Baranova E.V. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2018. No6. Рp.84-90. DOI: 10.18619/2072-9146-2018-6-84-90 (In Russ.).
- Shestakova K.S. Selection and immunological characteristics of winter garlic (Allium sativum L.) resistance to Fusarium rot: authoref. dis. ...cand. sci. (Agr). Moscow. 2009. 23 p. (In Russ.).
- Hokhryakov M.K. et al. A continuant of diseases of plants. S-Petersbrg. Lan. 2003. 302 p. (In Russ.).
- Tkachenko O.B., Sayto I., Hoshino T. Specific structure and distribution of the main psikhotrofnykh phytopathogenic the sklerotsialnykh of fungi with to K-strategy. 1-st congress of mycologists. Modern mycology in Russia. 2002. 213 p. (In Russ.).
- Stepanov M.Y.et al. Index of causative agents of diseases of agricultural plants. Leningrad. 1978. 500 p. (In Russ.).
- Nelson P.E., Tousson T.A., Marasas W.F.O. Fusarium spesies: an Illustrated Manuall for Identification. Pennsylvania State University press. University Park and London. 1983. 193 p.
- Timina L.T., Engalycheva I.A. A complex of pathogens on vegetable cultures in the conditions of the central region of the Russian Federation. Vegetables of Russia. 2015. No3-4. Рp. 123-129. DOI:10.18619/2072-9146-2015-3-4-123-129. (In Russ.).
- Khmelnytskaya I.I. Distribution of fungi of Aspergillus in soils of various regions of Russia. 1 congress of mycologists. Modern mycology in Russia. 2002. Pp. 53-54 (In Russ.).
- Sutton D., Fotorgill A., Rinaldi M. Opredelitel of pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic fungi. Moscow. World. 2001. 464 p.
- Regeneration of plants of garlic winter (Allium sativum L.) in vitro from air bulbils. Polyakov A.V., Azopkova M.A., Lebedeva N.N., Muraveva I.V. Vegetables of Russia. 2018. No4. Pp. 20-25. DOI:10.18619/2072-9146-2018-4-20-25/ (In Russ.).
- In vitro regeneration of plants of garlic winter (Allium sativum L.) from air lbulbils. Polyakov A.V., Azopkova M.A., Lebedeva N.N., Muraveva I.V. MGOU Bulletin. Natural sciences. 2018. No.4. Pp. 115–124. DOI: 10.18384/2310-7189-2018-4-115-124. (In Russ.).
For citing: Murav’eva I.V., Azopkova M.A., Polyakov A.V. Detection of infections in planting material of winter garlic in vitro. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No10. Pp. 20-22. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.31.13.002 (In Russ.).