Kuklina N.M., Gvazava D.G.
Investigations on the efficiency of growing of potato kinds of different ripeness time for the conditions of Kostroma Region are presented in the work. The experiment was carried out in 2017-2019 on the experimental field of scientific crop rotation of the FSBSI Kostroma Scientific Research Institute of Agriculture. Ten potato kinds of Russian selection of different ripeness time were used in the investigations. Such kinds as the early and middle-early group – Meteor, Bashkirskiy, Krasavchik and Viking – as well as the group of the average-ripe and moderately late – Vimpel, Favorite, Velikan, Kolobok, Nakra and Nikulinskiy – were taken. The purpose of the investigations is to find the best promising kinds for Kostroma Region. Plot area in the experiment is 8.4 m2, repetition, three times; arrangement of potato kinds, systematic; number of rows of each kind is two; length of rows is 6.0 m. Scheme of planting 70×30 cm, planting potatoes manually in chopped ridges. The soil on the plot under experiment is sod-podzolic, light-loam, slightly acidic. Humus content is 2.53-2.95%, mobile phosphorus and exchangeable potassium, 660 and 184 mg/kg of soil, respectively. Agriculture is generally accepted for Kostroma Region. Complex mineral fertiliser is introduced at dose N26P38K38. Three-year investigations into the cultivation of ten potato kinds of Russian selection of different ripeness groups showed that in the conditions of Kostroma Region, the average crop yield ranged from 21.3 to 39.3 tonnes per hectare. Marketability ranged from 50.3% to 90.8% on average. The kinds most resistant to viral phytopathology are identified by the results of investigations. The potato kinds most resistant to phytofluorosis and alternariosis are defined. The kinds with the highest amount of dry matter and starch are identified as well. The kinds Nakra and Nikulinskiy appeared to be economically profitable for cultivation in the region in the investigations. Thanks to the high output of commercial products, when growing potato kinds Nakra and Nikulinskiy, production profitability is provided at the level of 15-26%. These kinds are to be recommended to potato producers in Kostroma Region.
Key words: potato, kind, tuber quality, crop yield, marketability
Kuklina N.M., senior research fellow, potato and vegetable production department, Kostroma Research Agriculture Institute- branch of Russian Potato Research Centre. Phone: (4942) 653-284, 8 (953) 646-00-98. E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gvazava D.G., D.Sci. (Econ.), Cand. Sci (Agr.), Head of the Crop Production department, Kostroma Research Agriculture Institute Branch of Russian Potato Research Centre. Phone: 8 (910) 807-41-10. E-mail: email@example.com
- Fedyanin Yu.V., Simakov E.A. Agroecological evaluation of new promising potato cultivars. Achievements of science and techniques of agricultural sector. 2007. No3. Pp. 29 –31 (In Russ.).
- Lyubimskaya I.G., Kuznetsov S.S. Formation of productive qualities of potatoes of different cultivars in the Kostroma region. Argricultural sector herald of Upper Volga. 2019. No(48). Pp. 17–20. DOI: 10.35694/YAR.2019.48.4.004 (In Russ.).
- Dospekhov B.A. Methodology of field experiment. Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1985. 351 p. (In Russ.).
- Methodology of researches with potato crop. Moscow. VNIIKKH. 1967. 263 p. (In Russ.).
- Methodology for evaluating improved cultivars and meristem lines in elite potato seed production. Moscow. 1991. 38 p. (In Russ.).
- Productivity and quality of new generation potato cultivars. Shabanov A.E., Kiselev A.I., Fedotova L.S., Timoshina N.A., Knjazeva E.V. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No3. Pp. 25–27. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2019.21.36.005 (In Russ.).
For citing: Kuklina N.M., Gvazava D.G. The best potato cultivars for Kostroma region. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No10. Pp. 23-25. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.82.48.003 (In Russ.).