L.A. Kuksa, A.N. Khovrin, L.N. Timakova
In the conditions of field experiments the technological methods of seed growing of table beet in the conditions of the South of Russia are specified. The optimal period of red beet sowing for root crops with high marketability producing for winter storage in the Rostov region is 5–15 of July. When sowing in this period, the quality of root crops improves, and the yield of marketable products is 84–90%.
Keywords: red beet, summer crops, the output of typical queen cells, the diameter of the root crop, ringiness.
L.A. Kuksa, junior research fellow, Biryuchekutskaya vegetable breeding experimental station – branch of FSBSI FSCV, agronomist of Breeding centre Rostovskiy, Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A.N. Khovrin, PhD, associate professor, leading research fellow, head of department of breeding and seed growing, All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable Growing – branch of FSBSI Federal Scientific Centre of Vegetable Growing, head of department of breeding and primary seed production of Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: email@example.com
L.N. Timakova, PhD, senior research fellow, laboratory of breeding of root crops and onions, department for breeding and seed growing, All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable – branch of FSBSI Federal Scientific Centre of Vegetable Growing, breeder of Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Growing of red beet in Russia, data for regions [Web resource]: URL:https://ab-centre.ru/news/vyraschivanie-stolovoy-svekly-v-rossii-dannye-po-regionam. Aсcess date: 29.09.2019. (In Russ.).
- Agafonov E.V., Poluektov E.V. Soils and fertilizers in Rostov region. Tutorial. Persianovka. 1999. 90 p. (In Russ.).
- Methodology of experimental work in vegetable and watermelon growing. Ed. by V.F. Belik. M. Agropromizdat. 1992. 319 p. (In Russ.).
- Recommendations on production of high yield of cabbage, roots and onion seeds. GNU BOSOS. 1977. 26 p. (In Russ.).
- GOST 32285-2013. Fresh red beet which sold at retail outlets. Technical requirements [Web resource] URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200108369/ Access date: 17.09.19. (In Russ.).
For citing: Kuksa L.A., Khovrin A.N., Timakova L.N. Summer crops of red beet in the south of Russia. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No11. Pp. 18–19.