T.V. Chernova, V.V. Ognev, E.I. Korsunov
An analysis of the importance of vegetable crops on the example of tomato in southern Russia is given. The contribution of the Poisk Agro holding in the creation of tomato variety for southern Russia is shown. Prospects for the breeding of new domestic hybrids of tomato with high consumer qualities are determined.
Keywords: vegetables, tomato, selection, variety, technology, import substitution.
T.V. Chernova, breeder, Rostov Breeding Centre of Poisk Agro holding
V.V. Ognev, PhD, associate professor, director, Rostov Breeding Centre of Poisk Agro holding. E-mail: email@example.com
E.I. Korsunov, postgraduate student, Don State Agrarian University
- Vasilenko V.N. Vegetable growing in Rostov region: problems and solutions. Potato and Vegetables. 2013. No7. Pp. 2–4 (In Russ.).
- Klimenko N.N. Vegetable growing in South of Russia. Potato and Vegetables. 2013. No8. Pp. 2–4 (In Russ.).
- Mal’ko A.M. World seed market and place of Russia in it. Potato and vegetables. 2013. No4. Pp. 2–3 (In Russ.).
- Rezvyi G.I. Seed growing and its realization in current period. Potato and Vegetables. 2018. No7. Pp. 2–6 (In Russ.).
- Ognev V.V., Tereshonkova T.A., Khovrin A.N. Tomatoes for South of Russia: market needs and answers of domestic breeding. Potato and Vegetables. 2017. No11. Pp. 34–36 (In Russ.).
- Redichkina T., Artem'eva G. Exclusive from the Greenhouse. Vegetable Grower Herald. 2018. No10. Pp. 7–9 (In Russ.).
- Klimenko N.N., Khovrin A.N., Ognev V.V. Poisk Agro Holding: Breeding of Health and Longevity. Potato and Vegetables. 2017. No9. Pp. 8–10 (In Russ.).
- Analysis of Import of Cucumbers and Tomatoes into Russian Federation: Totals and Trends. Gavrish. 2018. No5. Pp. 24–28 (In Russ.).
- D.Miroshnichenko. Market Review: Vegetable Growing [web resource]. URL: https://www.openbusiness.ru/biz/business/obzor-rynka-ovoshchevodstvo/ Access date: 29.09. 2019.
- Gasparyan Sh.V., Maslovskii S.A. Processing of Vegetables in Russia: Current State and Future. Potato and Vegetables. 2018. No6. Pp. 2–6 (In Russ.).
For citing: Chernova T.V., Ognev V.V., Korsunov E.I. Tomatoes in southern Russia. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No11. Pp. 20–23.