Mironov A.A., Ushanov A.A., Chernova A.A.
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the combinational ability of black radish lines according to the main economically valuable characteristics. The research was carried out in 2019–2020 on the basis of the N.N. Timofeev Breeding Station LLC, a subdivision of the Russian State Agrarian University – MAA named after K.A. Timiryazev, which is located on the territory of Moscow. The soils of the experimental field are medium loamy, sod-podzolic on the cover loam. The material was the black radish lines from the collection of the N.N. Timofeev Breeding Station LLC: sterile lines: MS 26, MS151 and fertile lines: Rch65, Rch62, Rch64, Rch61, RchRyn. The standard is a popular variety of radish Zimnyaya kruglaya chernaya. The evaluation of the combinational ability was carried out by crossing two groups of genotypes. The calculation of the combinational ability was carried out according to the first mathematical model proposed by V.K. Savchenko. The agro-climatic indicators of 2019 and 2020 as a whole did not differ significantly from the long-term average values and are optimal for growing radishes. Bookmark the experience by a randomized method. The sowing scheme is 20 × 50, single-line, 30 plants in a variant, in double repetition. Plant care is generally accepted. Hybrid combinations were evaluated according to the following parameters: root crop mass, leaf mass, root crop diameter and length, yield, root crop shape index. On October 5, 2020, six hybrid combinations were put into storage until April 10, 2021. The hybrid combination MS26 × Rch65, which has a complex of valuable economic characteristics (high yield, average leaf weight, rounded shape of the root crop) can be recommended for station variety testing. The best preservation was noted in hybrid combinations MS151 × Rch65 and MS151 × Ryn (87.38 and 85.80%, respectively). The analysis of the effects of ACS revealed the breeding value of the lines MS151 and Ryn (large mass of root crop), Rch61 (large mass of leaves), MS26, MS151 and Rch62 (rounded shape of the root crop). Hybrid combinations MS26 × Rch65, MS26 × Rch62, MS151 × Rch62 have stability in the manifestation of economic signs when tested in different years.
Key words: black radish, combining ability, hybrid combination, line, keeping quality
Mironov A.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), assoc. prof. of Departments of botany, breeding and seed production of garden plants. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ushanov A.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), assoc. prof. of Departments of botany, breeding and seed production of garden plants. E-mail: email@example.com
Chernova A.A., master's student of Institute of horticulture and landscape architecture. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Russian State Agrarian University – MTAA named after K.A. Timiryazev
- Kosenko M.A. Results and prospects of breeding of European radish. Vegetables of Russia. 2019. No4. Pp. 29–31. DOI: 10.18619/2072–9146–2019–4–29–31. (In Russ.).
- Kononkov P.F., Bunin M.S., Kononkova S.N. New vegetable plants. 2nd ed., additional. Moscow. Rossel'hozizdat. 1985. 61 p. (In Russ.).
- State Register of breeding achievements approved for use [Web resource] URL: https://reestr.gossortrf.ru. Access date: 20.10.21 (In Russ.).
- Kosenko M.A. Promising hybrids of European winter radish. Proceedings of the Federal Scientific Center of Vegetable Growing. 2020. No2. Pp. 91–96. DOI: 10.18619/2658–4832–2020–2–91–96. (In Russ.).
- Kosenko M.A. A new medium-ripened hybrid of European winter radish. Agrarian Russia. 2018. No11. Pp. 18–21. DOI: 10.30906/1999–5636–2018–11–18–21. (In Russ.).
- Savchenko V.K. Genetic analysis in network trial crosses. Minsk. Nauka i tekhnika. 1984. 223 p. (In Russ.).
- Monakhos G.F., Mironov A.A., Tyukhanova S.M. Selection of F1 hybrids of radish (Raphanus sativus L.) based on lines with male sterility. Vegetables of Russia. 2015. No1 (26). Pp. 8–12 (In Russ.).
- GOST 32810–2014 UNECE STANDARD FFV-59:2010) Fresh radish. Technical specifications. Moscow. Standartinform. 2015. 14 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Mironov A.A., Ushanov A.A., Chernova A.A. Evaluation of the combining ability of black radish (Raphanus sativus L.) lines. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No3. Pp. 37-40. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.11.57.007 (In Russ.).