Kobkova N.V., Shaposhnikov D.S., Galichkina E.A.
The article presents the results of studying the use of growth regulators Zircon and Potassium Humate in the cultivation of melon for seed purposes. The purpose of the study: to develop new agrotechnical methods of growing melons aimed at increasing the yield of seeds per unit area, high quality and varietal purity. The research was carried out in 2019–2020 at the Bykovsky melon selective experimental station – the branch of the Federal State Budgetary Institution «Federal Scientific Center for Vegetable Growing», located in the Volgograd Region of the Russian Federation. The object of research is a medium-ripened variety of melon Osen. The experiments were laid in accordance with generally accepted methodological guidelines. The consumption of herbal drugs was selected in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. The norm of the working solution is 300 l/ha. The seeding scheme is 2.1×1.0 m. The predecessor is complete fallow. It is established that the use of growth regulators in the melon seed production system is an effective method for obtaining high-quality seed material on light chestnut soils of the Volgograd Volga region. The maximum yield of seeds per unit area in 2019 was obtained in the variant with the use of the drug Zircon for the treatment of vegetative plants – 157.4 kg/ha, which is 14.2% more compared to the control and 4.6% more compared to the variant of plant treatment with Potassium Humate. In 2020, the largest yield of melon seeds was obtained in the variant with the use of the herbal drug Zircon for plant treatment, which is 6.5–21.5% more compared to other studied herbal drugs and methods of their use. A comparative assessment of the mass of 1000 seeds in 2019 showed that the highest rates were also noted in the variant with the use of the drug Zircon for plant treatment, which is 3.5% more compared to the variant of plant treatment with Potassium Humate and 18.2% more compared to the control. Similar data on the weight of 1000 seeds were obtained in 2020.
Key words: seed production, melon, growth regulators, seed quality, seed yield per unit area, weight of 1000 seeds
Kobkova N.V., senior research fellow, Department of Agricultural Engineering and Primary Seed Production. E-mail: BBSOS34@yandex.ru
Shaposhnikov D.S., research fellow, Department of Agricultural Engineering and Primary Seed Production. E-mail: BBSOS34@yandex.ru
Galichkina E.A., senior research fellow, Department of Agricultural Engineering and Primary Seed Production. E-mail: BBSOS34@yandex.ru
Bykovо melon selective experimental station – the branch of the Federal State Budgetary Institution «Federal Scientific Center for Vegetable Growing»
- Koleboshina T.G., Emel'yanova L.V., Nikulina T.M. Genetic collections of melons and gourds as the basis of a resource for the development of the industry. Bulletin of the Nizhnevolzhsky agro-university complex: science and higher professional education. 2016. No2(42). Рр. 78–84 (In Russ.)
- Koleboshina T.G., Belov S.I., Verbickaya L.N. The growth and development of melon plants depending on growing conditions. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2019. No1. Рр. 56–59. DOI: 10.18619/2072-9146-2019-1-56-59 (In Russ.)
- Baibakova N.G., Varivoda E.A., Koleboshina T.G. Characteristics of new population of melon breeding Bikovskaya experimental station. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2019. No5. Рр. 42–45. DOI: 10.18619/2072-9146-2019-5-42-45 (In Russ.)
- Galichkina E.A., Kobkova N.V., Kurunina D.P. Yield and quality of watermelon meteor table using micronutrient fertilizers. News of FSVC. 2020. No2. Рр. 110–115. DOI: 10.18619/2658-4832-2020-2-110-115 (In Russ.)
- Suslova V.A., Kornilova M.S., Galichkina E.A. Melon breeding methods in the Volgograd Trans-Volga region. Irrigated agriculture. 2020. No3(30). Рр. 22–25. DOI: 10.35809/2618-8279-2020-3-4 (In Russ.).
- Balashov V.V., Koryakina E.N., Kulikova N.A. Influence of biologically active substances on melon yield. News of the Nizhnevolzhsky agro-university complex. 2008. No2(10). Рр. 19–22 (In Russ.).
- Kuz'mickaya G.A., Kulyakina N.V. Application of growth regulators in seed production of cucumber. Fertility. 2012. No2(65). Рр. 9–10 (In Russ.).
- Kobkova N.V., Galichkina E.A., Malueva S.V. Application of innovative technologies in watermelon seed production. Proceedings of the Kuban State Agrarian University. 2020. No3(84). Рр. 179–183. DOI: 10.21515/1999-1703-84-179-183 (In Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. The method of field experiment in vegetable growing. Moscow. Rosselkhozakademiya. 2011. 648 р. (In Russ.).
- Belik V.F., Bondarenko G.A. Methodical instructions for agrotechnical and physiological research with vegetables and melons. Moscow. VNIIO. 1979. 210 р. (In Russ.).
For citing: Kobkova N.V., Shaposhnikov D.S., Galichkina E.A. Influence of growth regulators on seed output in melon seed breeding. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No8. Pp. 38–40. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.77.20.007 (In Russ.).