T.G. Koleboshina, E.A. Varivoda
Effectiveness of methods of growing watermelon table for seed purposes in the conditions of the Volgograd Trans-Volga region in 2015–2016 is evaluated. The importance of the use of growth regulators and methods of tillage on the yield, growth and development of watermelon plants and seed yield per unit area is shown. The optimal methods of seedbed and seed preparation for growing watermelon for seed purposes.
Keywords: watermelon, seeds, seed treatment, yield, growth regulators, soil treatment.
T.G. Koleboshina, DSc, leading research fellow. Е-mail: BBSOS34@yandex.ru
E.A. Varivoda, senior research fellow. Е-mail: email@example.com
Bykovo watermelon Breeding Experimental Station - branch of FSBSI FSVC
- Zhuchenko A.A. Adaptive crop production. Ecological and genetic basis. Moscow: Agrorus. 2000. 813 p. (In Russ.).
- Ludilov V.A. Seed production of vegetable and melon crops. Moscow. 2000. 247 p. (In Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. Methodology of field experience in vegetable growing. Moscow. GNU VNIIO. 2011. 648 p. (In Russ.).
- Belik V.F., Bondarenko G.A. Methodical instructions on agrotechnical and physiological researches with vegetable and melon crops. Moscow. VNIIO, 1979. 210 p. (In Russ.).
- Belik V. F. Methods of physiological research in vegetable and melon growing. M. 1970. P. 18–149 (In Russ.).
- Suslova V.A., Varivoda E.A., Egorova G.S. Influence of predecessors on weeds density, yield, structure and quality of edible watermelon: collection of papers of scientific and practical conference – Strategy of development of agriculture in modern conditions-continuation of scientific heritage of G.E. Listopad, academician VASKHNIL (RASKHN), doctor of technical sciences, professor. Vol.1. Volgograd. 2019. P. 32–37 (In Russ.).
- Koleboshina T.G., Egorova G.S., Ryabchikova N.B., Verbitskaya L.N. Sowing time of watermelon, melon, pumpkin, depending on their biological characteristics. Proceedings of lower Volga agrodiversity complex: science and higher professional education. 2017. No. 4 (48). Pp. 129–135 (In Russ.).
- Bykovskii Y.A., Koleboshina T.G. Technology of watermelon crops growing. Potato and vegetables. 2016. No.10. Pp. 11–13 (In Russ.).
- Ludilov V.A., Alekseev Yu.B. Practical seed production of vegetable crops with the basics of seed growing. Moscow. 2011. 199 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Koleboshina T.G., Varivoda E.A. Ways of watermelon growing for seeds. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No10. Pp. 23–25.