Information on soil and climatic conditions and potato growing in Orel region is given, which in recent years shows a high dynamics of development. Potato production is mainly concentrated in the Central and Western regions of the region, to a lesser extent – in the South-East. In the region there are more than 10 agricultural organizations and farms specializing in the production of commercial potatoes. Among them are the largest and most successful: JSC «Potato field of Orlov» and KFH Stebakov V.I.
Keywords: potato growing, technology, fertilizers, import substitution, yield.
I.A. Gurinovich, deputy director of the centre of agrarian competences, FSBSI Federal Scientific Centre of Leguminous and Cereal Crops. E-mail: email@example.com
- Zharov A.N., Zharov L.L., Popov V.P. The current state of vegetable production in the Russian Federation. Bulletin of the Russian University of peoples friendship. 2008. No. 1. Pp. 43–52 (In Russ.).
- Sowing area of potatoes-Oryol region [Web resource] URL: https://сельхозпортал.рф/analiz-posevnyh-ploshhadej/?region_id=2247&area=12. Access date 12.12.18 (In Russ.).
- Yakovleva N.A. Statistical and economic analysis of potato production in the Orel region. Innovative economy: prospects for development and improvement. 2013. No. 3. Pp. 277–280 (In Russ.).
- Yakovleva N.A. State and trends of potato production in the Orel region. Innovative economy: prospects for development and improvement. 2016. No. 8. Pp. 193–199 (In Russ.).
- Stepanovich S.V. Some problems of development of agroindustrial integration on the basis of cluster approach. Economics of agriculture of Russia. 2013. No. 10. Pp. 57–64 (In Russ.).
For citing: Gurinovich I.A. Dynamics raises hopes. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No1. Pp. 8-9.