Titov O.N., Murav’eva I.V., Azopkova M.A.
Garlic is an indispensable and expensive food product, despite its insignificant place in the gross production of vegetables, it remains a popular crop in vegetable growing. Every year, the demand for high-quality garlic planting material is growing, in this regard, obtaining healthy planting material is an urgent problem. Low-volume technologies combined with the principles of organic farming can help solve the problems of planting material production. Garlic is not only a valuable vegetable crop, but is also widely used in medicine, so greening the production of this valuable crop can make garlic production an important product of organic farming. The aim of the work is to study the production of single-pronged garlic bulbs from air bulbs on a small volume using organic fertilizers. The experiments were conducted in 2019–2020 on the territory of the garden center of the company Tonex. For research, we selected aligned in size, full-weight air bulbs of the local form of winter garlic weighing at least 0.1 g. The landing was carried out in the early spring period in plastic cassettes of 60 cells with a cell volume of 100 ml, which were placed on tables equipped with a flooding system. As a substrate, the soils of the BIUD trademark, produced by one of the leaders in the production of organic products for agriculture – the Tonex company, were used. The company's motto is: BIUD fertilizers – a garden and vegetable garden without chemicals» and «Organic farming basics». The composition of the mixture includes compost BIUD based on horse manure and bird droppings, phlogopite-mica, drainage sand, riding peat, agroperlite, dolomite crumbs, lowland peat, horn-hoof meal. During the growing season, 4 feedings were carried out with liquid organic fertilizers BIUD horse and BIUD cattle. As a result of the research, the possibility of growing single-pronged garlic bulbs from air bulbs on a small volume using organic fertilizers is shown. The yield of single-pronged bulbs was 1.18 kg/m2.
Key words: organic fertilizers, BIUD, garlic, air bulb, single-clod bulb, low-volume culture.
Titov O.N., Director of TONEKS LLC. 8 (495) 777-39-09, 8-985-803-55-20. Website: https://www.td-tonex.ru. E-mail: email@example.com
Muraveva I.V., junior research fellow, Department of Biotechnology and Innovative Projects, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Azopkova M.A., research fellow, Department of Biotechnology and Innovative Projects, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: email@example.com
- Polyakov A.V. The most important issues of the development of garlic growing in Russia. Ecological problems of modern vegetable growing and the quality of vegetable products. Moscow. FGBNU VNIIO. 2014. P. 436–442. (In Russ.).
- Antipova O.V. Recommendations for growing radishes on hydroponic rack installations UGS4. Gavrish. No3. 2011. Pp. 12–15. (In Russ.).
- Polyakov A.V., Alekseeva T.V. Obtaining planting material of winter garlic (Allium sativum L.) from air bulbs in the Non-chernozem zone of the Russian Federation. Methodological recommendations. Moscow. 2018. 11 p. (In Russ.).
- Kapustina L. Cultivation of shooting varieties of winter garlic from air bulbs. Vegetable growing. 2012. No6. Pp. 34–37. (In Russ.).
- Seredin T.M. Growing garlic and rockambol in the Non-Chernozem region. Methodological recommendations. Omsk. IC KAN. 2020. 10 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Titov O.N., Murav’eva I.V., Azopkova M.A. Cultivation of garlic planting material using organic fertilizers of the BIUD trademark and low-volume technology. 2021. No2. Pp. 19-21. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.36.53.004 (In Russ.).