The results for breeding work to create a new hybrid of white cabbage F1 Atlant are presented. The purpose of the research: to create domestic cabbage hybrids for storage based on CMS, with high taste, relatively resistant to diseases, suitable for mechanized cultivation technology in the Non-Chernozem zone. The studies were carried out in 2004–2019 at the ARRIVG-branch of FSBSI FSVC (village Vereya Ramensky district Moscow region). The research site belongs to the forest zone in the central part of the Russian Plain with a total precipitation of 593 mm per year. The sum of positive temperatures above 10 °C is 2075 °C, the period with air temperatures above 10 °C is 134 days. Soils are alluvial meadows of medium loamy texture. The collection of lines was selected from 18 samples of medium-late and late maturity and studied for the main economically valuable traits, disease resistance, level of self-incompatibility. It was found that lines 346, 808 p, Ko5–41 with a set of 7–11 seeds with self-pollination of flowers are the most promising for transfer to the CMS basis. The offspring retained valuable traits of the fertile line. The setting of seeds during the first crossing is high, 18–29 pcs/pod; with subsequent crosses, it gradually decreases to 12–17 seeds per pod, depending on the genotype. In 2016, the most productive combination was selected with a head mass of 2.5 kg based on CMS. In 2017–2019, the new hybrid was tested in the conditions of the Moscow region, was distinguished by an increased yield of 98.3–99.6 t/ha and exceeded the F1 Extra standard by 14.2–24.6%. At the same time, the assessment of parental lines was carried out on the basis of seed-growing characteristics and the synchronism of flowering. The set of seeds is 10–16 seeds per pod when crossing parental lines. In 2019, a late hybrid based on CMS was submitted to the State Variety Test under the name F1 Atlant and is intended for fresh consumption and storage.
Key words: white cabbage, storage hybrid, productivity, F1 Atlant.
Kostenko G.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow of cabbage breeding laboratory, ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI FSVC, breeder of the Poisk Agrofirm. E-mail: email@example.com
- Cabbage breeding laboratory. ARRIVG - branch of FSBSI FSVC [Web resource] URL: http://vniioh.ru/institut/otdely/centr-selekcii-i-semenovodstva/lab-sel-kapustnyx/ Access date: 11.01.2021 (In Russ.).
- Technology of direct seed production of late cabbage hybrids created on the basis of lines with male sterility. G.F. Monakhos, A.V. Kryuchkov, S.G. Monakhos, D.V. Patsuria, N.N. Vorobieva, A.A. Lezhnina, D.M. Kharlamov, V.G. Suddenko, B.U. Misrieva, T.Kh. Kasimov. Methodical recommendations. Moscow. Publishing House of the Moscow Agricultural Academy. 2002. 20 p. (In Russ.).
- Kurbanova Z.K. Development of the main elements of direct seed production of F1 hybrids of late white cabbage based on lines with cytoplasmic male sterility in the dry subtropics of southern Dagestan: abstract diss. Cand. Sci. (Agr.). Moscow. 2008. 28 p. (In Russ.).
- Meshkov A.V., Pustovalova S.V., Terekhova V.I. Methodological manual for laboratory studies and independent work on the topic: «Production of F1 hybrid seeds of white cabbage» URL: http://window.edu.ru/resource/327/64327/files/0064.pdf Access date: 11.01.2021 (In Russ.).
- Kostenko G.A. Adaptive potential of a new hybrid of cabbage F1 Orfey. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No3. Pp. 37–40. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.96.52.006 (In Russ.).
- Monachos G.F. Kurbanova Z.K. The compatibility of the parental lines of late-ripening cabbage by seed-growing characteristics in the direct culture and the method of its regulation. Gavrish. 2008. No3. Pp. 40–43. (In Russ.).
For citing: Kostenko G.A. Late ripe hybrid of white cabbage F1 Atlant. Potato and Vegetables. 2021. No2. Pp. (37-40. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.16.76.008 In Russ.).