Ostonakulov T.E., Kholmurodov Sh.M.
The purpose of the research is to study the growth, development and yield of varieties of sugar (vegetable) corn Sherzod and Zamon under various irrigation regimes and fertilizer rates and to establish the optimal parameters of the irrigation regime and fertilizer rates that ensure a stable high yield (at least 8.5–9.0 t/ha). The research was carried out in 2017–2020 on irrigated meadow-gray-earth soils of the Samarkand Science and Research Station of Scientific Research Institute of Vegetables Crops, Melons and Potatoes. The soils are medium loamy with the occurrence of groundwater to a depth of 4–5 m. In the experiments, two irrigation modes were studied for pre-irrigation soil moisture not lower than 65–70 and 70–80% PPV. In each irrigation regime, the following fertilizer standards were studied: 1. N150P120K75, 2. N200P160K100, 3. 30 t/ha of manure + N150P120K75, 4. 30 t/ha of manure + N200P160K100 kg/ha. Under the irrigation regime, according to the pre-irrigation soil moisture not lower than 65–70% of the PISM, six irrigations were carried out according to the 2–4 scheme with an interval of 18–16–14–12–10–10 days. The irrigation rate is 5696–5734 m3/ha, while the irrigation rate is 827–1185 m3/ha. Under the irrigation regime for pre-irrigation soil moisture not lower than 70–80% PISM, the plants were watered eight times according to the scheme 3–5, that is, in the phases of germination – panicle formation – three times, and in the phases of panicle formation – full ripeness – five times every 15–13–10–9–8–7–7–9 days with an irrigation norm of 5451–5500 m3/ha, with an irrigation norm of 536–918 m3/ha. A high and guaranteed yield of varieties of sugar (vegetable) corn Sherzod and Zamon (8,6–10 t/ha) can be obtained when growing them under the irrigation regime for pre – irrigation soil moisture not lower than 70–80% PISM or with 8 watering according to the scheme 3–5, that is, during the germination phase – the formation of a panicle –3 watering, and in the second period in the phases of the formation of a panicle – full ripeness – 5 watering with a watering norm of 536–918 m3/ha and joint application organomineral fertilizers in the norm of 30 t/ha of manure + N200P160K100 kg/ha.
Key words: sweet (vegetable) corn, fertilizer rates, irrigation regime, the preirrigation soil moisture (PISM), irrigation rate, increment of yield
Ostonakulov T.E. (the author for correspondence), D. Sci (Agr.), professor, Samarkand Science and Research Station of Scientific Research Institute of Vegetables Crops, Melons and Potatoes. E-mail: email@example.com
Kholmuradov Sh.M., assist., Department of Storage Technology and Primary Processing of Agricultural Products, Karshi Engineering and Economic Institute
- Ostonakulov T.E. Fundamentals of breeding and seed production. Tashkent. Istiklol. 2002. 296 p. (In Uzb.).
- Burkhonov Sh.O., Narzieva S.Kh. Sweet corn. Monography. Tashkent. 2007. 112 p. (In Uzb.).
- Ostonakulov T.E., Zuev V.I., Kodirkhuzhaev O.K. Vegetable growing. Tashkent. 2018. 442 p. (In Uzb.).
- Ostonakulov T.E., Amanturdiev I.Kh., Nabiev Ch.K. Evaluation of varieties and hybrid combinations of sweet corn, as well as identifying those suitable for the main and secondary crops. Materials of the international conference of the Tashkent State Agrarian University. Part 1. Tashkent. 2020. P. 69–72 (In Uzb.).
- Recommendations on agricultural technology for obtaining high yields of varieties and hybrids of vegetable (sweet) corn. T.E. Ostonakulov, A.I. Ismailov, I.Kh. Amanturdiev, Ch.K. Nabiev. Samarkand. 2019. 12 p. (In Uzb.).
- State register of agricultural Crops recommended for sowing on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Tashkent. 2020. 124 p. (In Russ.).
- Astanakulov T.E., Beknazarova Kh. Promising hybrids of vegetable corn. Potato and vegetables. 2010. No7. P. 16 (In Russ.).
- Ostonakulov T.E., Nabiev Ch.K., Ismailov A.I. The effectiveness of diallelic crosses in varieties and hybrids of sweet corn. Journal of Agriculture and Water Management of Uzbekistan. Tashkent. 2019. No11. P. 37 (In Uzb.).
- Dospekhov B.A. Field experiment technique. Moscow. Kolos. 1985. 351 p. (In Russ.).
- Methodology of field experiments with cotton under irrigation conditions. Tashkent. MSKh UzSSR. 1981. 246 p. (In Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. Field experiment technique in vegetable growing. Moscow. Russian Agricultural Academy. 2011. 648 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Ostonakulov T.E., Kholmurodov Sh.M. Irrigation regime and fertilization rates for vegetable corn varieties in the Samarkand region. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No10. Pp. 28-30. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.87.81.003 (In Russ.).