Kh.K. Faravn, T.A. Tereshonkova, V.I. Leunov, A.I. Selyanskii, I.I. Dmitrievskaya
The article provides an overview of publications on hydroponics. On the basis of the literature data, as well as the installation of Phytopyramide, it is shown that the future of hydroponics depends on research aimed at reducing the cost of production, increasing yields and product quality, reducing the cost per unit of production so that this system becomes competitive compared to production in open ground and conventional greenhouses.
Keywords: hydroponics, aeroponics, non-substrate production systems, Phytopyramid.
Khaled Faravn, postgraduate student of the Department of Vegetable growing, RSAU – MAA named after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
T.A. Tereshonkova, PhD, head of Laboratory of Immunity and breeding of Solanaceae, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, tomato breeder of Poisk Agroholding. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
V.I. Leunov, DSc, professor, acting dean of agronomy and biotechnology, RSAU – MAA named after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
A.I. Selyanskii, head of the innovative project, Phytopiramid. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I.I. Dmitrievskaya, PhD, associate professor, head of Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Soil Science, Agrochemistry and Ecology of RSAU – MAA named after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
- K.E. Tsiolkovsky (to the 125th anniversary of his birth): collection of articlesMoscow: Znanie, 1982. 64 p. (In Russ.)
- Hydroponics. Collection of translations. Agricultural science. Practice abroad. Moscow. 1966. Pp. 21–29 (In Russ.).
- Peterson L.A., Krueger A.R. An intermittent aeroponics system. Crop Sci. 1988. No28. Pp. 712–713.
- Jensen M. H. Hydroponics worldwide. Acta Hortic. 1999. No481. Pp. 719–730.
- Sonneveld C., Voogt W. Plant Nutrition of Greenhouse Crops. Dordrecht: Springer, 2009. 431 p.
- Selyanskii A., Lobashev E. Practical svetokultura on Fitopiramida in a light-tight spaces. Vegetable growing. 2013. No.1. Pp. 62 (In Russ.).
- Seaman C., Bricklebank N. Soil-free farming. Chemistry & Industry. 2011. No6. Pp. 19–21.
- This Tiny Country Feeds the World. National Geographiс. [Web resource]. URL: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/09/holland-agriculture-sustainable-farming/. Access date: 04.03.19.
- Gorbe E. & Calatayud A. Optimization of Nutrition in Soilless Systems: A Review. Advances in Botanical Research. 2010. Vol. 53. Pp. 193–245.
- Barak P., Smith J.D., Krueger R., Peterson A. Measurement of short-term nutrient uptake rates in cranberry by aeroponics. Plant Cell Environ. 1996. No19. Pp. 237–242.
- Kang J. G., Kim S. Y., Om Y. H., Kim J. K. Growth and tuberization of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) cultivars in aeroponic, deep flow technique and nutrient film technique culture films. J Kor Soc Hortic Sc. 1996. No37. Pp. 24–27.
- Nugaliyadde, M.M., De Silva, H.D.M., Perera, R., Ariyaratna, D., Sangakkara, U.R. 2005. An aeroponic system for the production of pre-basic seed potato. Ann. Sri Lanka Dept. Agric. 7. P. 99–288.
For citing: Faravn Kh.K., Tereshonkova T.A., Leunov V.I., Selyanskii A.I., Dmitrievskaya I.I. World experience in the use of aero- and hydroponic technology in the cultivation of vegetable crops. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No6. Pp. 10-13.