The article analyzes the state of commodity melon production in the Russian Federation, considers a number of problems affecting the development of the industry: deficiency of cultivated land, absence of crop rotations etc. A brief overview of the range of the main culture – watermelon – presented on the market by foreign and domestic seed companies.
Keywords: melon, watermelon, varieties, hybrids, variety type, assortment.
Yu.A. Bykovskii, DSc, professor, Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.URL: www.semenasad.ru
- Fursa T.B. Watermelon. Cultural flora of the USSR. T. XXI, Moscow. Kolos. Pp. 164–211 (In Russ.).
- World and Russian market of fresh vegetables, Global Reach Consulting. 2011. Vol. 3. 218 p. (In Russ.).
- Lutokhin S.I. Growing of melons and their processing into sugar concentrates. Moscow. Ogiz–selkhozgiz. 1942. Pp. 2-44 (In Russ.).
- Bykovsky Y.A.,. Koleboshina T.G. Especially farming of gourds in the zone of risky agriculture of the Russian Federation. Proceedings of the Kuban State Agrarian University. 2016. No. 60. Pp. 123-129 (In Russ.).
- State register of breeding achievements approved for use. Vol. 1. Varieties of plants (official edition). Moscow. Rosinformagrotech. 2018. 504 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Bykovskii Yu.A. Production of watermelon on South of Russia: problems and prospects. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No6. Pp. 8-9.