Yanchenko A.V., Azopkov M.I., Golubovich V.S., Men’shikh A.M., Fedosov A.Yu.
The purpose of the research is to study the possibility of removing difficult-to-separate impurities from the seed heap of vegetable crops. The work was carried out in the seed refinement workshop of the All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable Growing – branch of Federal Scientific Centre of Vegetable Growing and the seed cleaning workshop of the Poisk agrofirm in the Ramensky district of the Moscow Region in 2020–2021. The object of research is the seeds of table carrot of the Royal Forto variety and table beet of the Bicores variety. The quality of seeds was analyzed on the basis of the testing laboratory «Center – Ogorodnik» of the Poisk Agrofirm. The interstate standard GOST 12037–81 «Seeds of agricultural crops was used to determine the purity and waste of seeds. Methods for determining the purity and waste of seeds». To determine the germination of the seeds obtained, the methods set out in the interstate standard GOST 12038–84 «Seeds of agricultural crops. Methods for determining germination». The sowing qualities of the seeds obtained after the analysis were compared with the requirements shown in the interstate standard GOST 32592–2013 «Seeds of vegetable, melon crops, fodder root crops and fodder cabbage. Varietal and sowing qualities. General technical conditions». Using only wind-screen machines does not always allow obtaining seed material with high sowing qualities, however, it allows cleaning up to the requirements of GOST 32592–2013. Modern pneumatic precision seeders place higher demands on the quality of the seed material. In order for the seeds to match them, a multi-stage cleaning is necessary. The separation of the seed heap into fractions according to density contributes to the production of seeds with a purity of 99% and higher and an increase in laboratory germination due to the separation of lightweight, less executed seeds. In our studies, the increase in laboratory germination was 4–5% on carrots, 7–10% on table beet seeds. The separation of the seed pile into fractions using the PST-1 pneumatic sorting table allows you to reduce or completely remove weed seeds from it, which cannot be removed using only wind-screen cleaning machines.
Key words: seed cleaning, wind-screen machines, pneumatic table, cleanliness, germination
Yanchenko A.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Azopkov M.I., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: email@example.com
Golubovich V.S., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Men'shikh A.M., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: email@example.com
Fedosov A.Yu., junior research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable Growing – branch of FSBSI Federal Scientific Vegetable Centre (ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC)
- Cleaning of vegetable seeds on a pneumatic sorting table. A.V. Yanchenko, A.M. Men'shikh, M.I. Azopkov, V.S. Golubovich, A.Yu. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No11. Pp. 18–21 (In Russ.).
- Evaluation of the use of precision seeders of domestic and foreign production in the production technology of table root crops. A.V. Yanchenko, A.M. Men'shikh, M.I. Azopkov, V.S. Golubovich. Sustainable and Innovative Development in the Digital Age. Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference (Moscow, May 22–23, 2019). Moscow. LLC Sam polygraphist. Pp. 80–83 (In Russ.).
- Drincha V.M., Tsench Yu.S. Fundamentals and prospects for the development of technologies for post-harvest grain processing and seed preparation. Agricultural machines and technologies. 2020. No14(4). Pp. 17–25 (In Russ.).
- Shaimanov A.A., Yanchenko A.V. We offer a set of machines for pre-sowing seed preparation. Potato and vegetables. 2008. No2. P. 23 (In Russ.).
- Grinding of carrot, beet and tomato seeds for preparation for inlaying and use of precision seeding drills. A.V. Yanchenko, A.M. Men'shikh, M.I. Azopkov, V.S. Golubovich, S.V. Fefelova. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No12. Pp. 25–27 (In Russ.).
- Cleaning of the seed heap of vegetable seeds from hard-to-remove impurities. A.V. Yanchenko, A.A. Shaimanov, S.V. Fefelova, M.I. Azopkov. Breeding, seed production and varietal agrotechnics of vegetable, melon and flower crops. Collection of scientific papers based on the materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference dedicated to the VII Kvasnikovsky readings (Vereya, December 1, 2016). Ryazan. Ryazan Regional Printing House. 2016. Pp. 328–331 (In Russ.).
- Prerequisites for obtaining equalized shoots of vegetable crops. Yu.A. Bykovskii, V.S. Golubovich, V.D. Golubev, V.I. Leunov, A.A. Shaimanov, A.V. Yanchenko. Potato and vegetables. 2017. No8. Pp. 18–21 (In Russ.).
For citing: Cleaning of hard-to-separate impurities from a pile of seeds to improve the sowing qualities of vegetable seeds. A.V. Yanchenko, M.I. Azopkov, V.S. Golubovich, A.M. Men’shikh, A.Yu. Fedosov. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No8. Pp. 32–35. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.56.78.002 (In Russ.).