Sakara N.A., Bardina N.V.
The results of the study of the breeding population of 945 F6, 16 families F7, large-fruited table pumpkin (cucurbita maxima), according to the variability of the signs «fruit shape», «biochemical composition» obtained from the variety-population Banana 42. The research was carried out in the western agro-climatic zone of Primorsky Krai in the potato and vegetable Growing Department of the A.K. Chaika Federal Research Center for Agrobiotechnologies of the Far East in the village of Putsilovka of the Ussuri district in 2017–2019. The soil is floodplain with a content of: N – 50.0 mg/kg of soil, P2O5–272.0 mg/ kg, K2O – 112.0 mg / kg, pHkcl – 4.5, humus – 2.08%. In the process of long-term selections started in 2011, the chemical parameters and uniformity in the shape of the fetus in the families of the breeding population 945 improved. In the breeding population 945–3 F7 of large-fruited pumpkin, there was a shift of the selected traits according to the fruit shape index, dry matter content, in the direction of weak variability (CV=5.0–10.0%, respectively); with a decrease in the variability of traits by 46.2; 20.0%, respectively; sugar content 9.0%, carotene 6.6 mg%, vitamin C 17.9 mg%.To further improve the breeding population of 945 by economically significant characteristics, taking into account the variety model, by the method of targeted selection, on the basis of «fruit shape» (CV=5.5–8.9%), with optimal technological indicators, with a high carbohydrate content (9.0–12.4%), vitamin C 15.4–20.4 mg%, a number of families F7–945–11, 945–12, 945–13. A family of 945–27 F7 with a sugar content of 9.2–14.0%; carotene 5.0 mg%, vitamin C 23.0 mg% was selected for the equalization of the feature «sugar content» (CV=9.5%) of «dry matter», «carotene» and «vitamin C» (CV=10.0%).
Key words: pumpkin large-fruited canteen, breeding population, families, breeding, selection method, trait variance, analysis of fruit chemical composition
Sakara N.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), deputy director for scientific work, Primorsky vegetable experimental station – branch of the FSBSI FSVC. Tel.: 8–924–139–93–68. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bardina N.V., research fellow, FSBSI FSC of Agricultural Biotechnology of the Far East named after A.K. Chaiki. Tel.: 8–914–690–39–04. E-mail: email@example.com
- Nutritional chemicals and biologically active compounds in vegetable crops and their role in improvement of diet quality. A.E. Solov'eva, D.V. Sokolova, T.M. Piskunova, A.M. Artem'eva. Scientific works on applied botany, genetics and breeding. Saint-Petersburg. 2014. Vol.175. Vol. 2. Pp. 5–19 (ln Russ.).
- Nikulina T.M., Kurunina D.T. Creation of commercially viable varieties of winter squash for the Lower Volga region. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2019. No4 (48). Pp. 54–57 (ln Russ.).
- Smoley V.Ya. The results of vegetable crop breeding in Primorsky Krai. Breeding and seed production of agricultural plants in the Far East: materials of the first scientific and methodological meeting. on breeding and seed production of agricultural plants in the Far East. Khabarovsk. 1970. Pp. 181–187 (ln Russ.).
- Dyakov A.B, Boiko Yu.G., Vasilyeva T.A. Possibility to improve the intensity of selection from cross-pollinating populations. Scientific and technical bulletin of the All-Russia Scientific Research Institute of Oil Crops by V.S.Pustovoit. 2003. No2 (129). Pp. 3–24 (ln Russ.).
- On production of elite seeds of vegetable, cucurbitaceous crops, forage tuber crops and forage cabbage. Content by V.F. Pivovarov, L.V. Pavlov, M.S. Bunin. Moscow. 2000. 24 p. (ln Russ.).
- Methods of experiments on large-fruited winter squash for distinguishability, homogeneity and stability. Official bulletin. The State Commission of the Russian Federation for Selection Achievements Test and Protection. Moscow. 2011. No12–06/55. Pp. 1–10 (ln Russ.).
- Practical course of agricultural chemistry. Under the editorship of V.G. Mineeva. Moscow. MGU Publ. 2001. 689 p. (ln Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. Methods of field experiment in vegetable production. Moscow. Russian Agricultural Academy, ARRIVG. 2011. 648 p. (ln Russ.).
For citing: Sakara N.A., Bardina N.V. Improvement of the main indicators of large-fruited pumpkin varieties – Banana population 42 in Primorsky Krai. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No8. Pp. 29–31. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.23.35.006 (In Russ.).