Kosenko M.A., Kornev A.V., Sokolova L.M., Khovrin A.N.
Carrots are one of the most important vegetable crops successfully cultivated in all agricultural regions of the Russian Federation. It occupies 10% of the area of the country's vegetable field and gives more than 10% of the gross harvest of all vegetables in open ground. 49% of those registered in the State Register are F1 hybrids of carrots. Of these, 28% are domestic breeding (breeding FSBSI FSVC, Poisk Agro Holding, LLC Timofeev Breeding Station, etc.) and foreign firms (Bejo, Vilmorin, Raik Zwaan, Monsanto and others) - 72%. In 2017 ARRIVG - a branch of FSBSI FSVC transferred to the State Variety Testing a hybrid of carrots F1 Krasnogorye for the Central Region. The aim of the work is to assess the potential of a hybrid of carrots F1 Krasnogorye in the conditions of the Central region. A promising hybrid of carrots F1 Krasnogorye was tested in the system of the FSBI «Gossortcommissiya» in the regions of the Central Region of the Russian Federation. F1 Krasnogorye is an interline hybrid obtained by crossing the maternal line 661P of the petaloid type and the paternal line SHR 47. Mid-season. The leaf rosette is semi-upright. The leaf is long, green, moderately dissected. The root crop is short, conical in shape with a weak escape and a slightly pointed base (cultivar Chantenay). The core and bark are orange. Root vegetable mass 110-200 g. Taste qualities are good and excellent. Dry matter content 10-12%, total sugar 7-8%, carotene up to 19 mg per 100 g of raw matter. On two infectious backgrounds (Alternaria and Fusarium) and on a natural background, the hybrid was included in the group of weakly receptive ones with a lesion score from 0.9 to 1.4, resistant to flowering. According to the data of the variety testing plots, the highest yield of the F1 hybrid Krasnogorye was noted in the Ryazan and Moscow regions - 82.5 t/ha and 76.5 t/ha, respectively. The share of standard products on average in the regions was 80.5%, the highest indicator was noted in the Moscow region - 89.7%.
Key words: carrots, hybrid, yield, stability
Kosenko M.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), author for correspondence, senior research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing. E-mail: email@example.com
Kornev A.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing
Sokolova L.M., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing
Khovrin A.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), chief research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing
ARRIVG – a branch of FSBSI FSVC
- Leunov V.I. Directions in breeding and seed production of vegetable root crops // Potato and vegetables. 2017. No10. Pp. 6-9.
- Hybrids of carrots for commodity production. A.N. Khovrin, M.A. Kosenko, A.V. Kornev, L.M. Sokolova. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No7. Pp. 32-33. DOI: 10.25630/PAV. 2019.21.24.009
- Vegetables of the borscht group in Russia. A.F. Razin, M.V. Shatilov, R.A. Meshcheryakova, T.N. Surikhina, O.A. Razin, G.A. Telegina. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No10. Pp. 26-28. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2019.37.28.009
- Dobrutskaya E.G., Ushakova O.V., Smirnova M.A. Varietal characteristics of plants of carrot (Daucus carota L.) due to individual variability of quantitative characteristics. Vegetables of Russia. 2015. No3-4(28-29). Pp. 44–47.
- State register of selection achievements approved for use. Vol.1. Plant varieties (official publication). Moscow. FGBNU Rosinformagrotech. 2020. 680 p.
- Test procedure for distinctness, uniformity and stability of carrots (Daucus carota L.). Moscow. 2002. 9 p.
For citing: F1 Krasnogorye is a modern hybrid of carrots. M.A. Kosenko, A.V. Kornev, L.M. Sokolova, A.N. Khovrin. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No12. Pp. 27-29. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.53.88.006 (In Russ.).