Polyakova N.V., Koroleva S.V.
The purpose of the research is to identify the influence of various agrotechnical backgrounds on nutrition on the manifestation of the tipburn of the inner leaves of the cabbage in hybrids of white cabbage in the conditions of the Krasnodar Territory. The research was carried out in 2021–2022 at the breeding site of the vegetable growing department of the FSBSI "FSC of rise". The material included F1 hybrids of white cabbage with varying degrees of sensitivity to the disease (according to preliminary assessment): F1 Dominant, F1 Green Boy and F1 (Hn861 × Agr 1321). Scheme of experience: 1. Background (control) – N120P120K120; 2. Background – N120P120K120 + N60 (top dressing); 3. Background – N180P180K180 + N60 (top dressing); 4. Background – N120P120K120 + 2 t/ha (granular organic fertilizer). Weather conditions, both in the first and in the second year of research, contributed to the development of a tipburn of the leaves of the head, and on a relatively stable F1 Dominant hybrid, when grown on a control background, the manifestation was weakly pronounced. There was no significant increase in the weight of the heads when using high doses of fertilizers on this hybrid, while the symptoms of the disease increased significantly, especially on the 3rd and 4th backgrounds. The hybrid of intensive type F1 (Hn861 × Agr1321) is responsive in productivity to high agrophones. The manifestation of a tipburn on a control background is common in 18–23% of heads with a degree of lesion of 21–26%. At elevated agrophones, both indicators increase by two or more times, depending on the agrophone. On the weakly stable F1 Green Boy hybrid, the development of the disease already on the control background had high rates: the spread of 42–43% with a degree of damage of 64–71%. On reinforced mineral backgrounds, these indicators increased as much as possible – up to 87 and 93%, respectively. On an organomineral background, the development of the disease was maximal in the more stressful conditions of 2022. The genotype significantly and strongly affects the variability of all the studied traits, so in terms of productive qualities (average weight), the share of genotype influence is 65,5–75,8%, and in terms of disease manifestation – 60,8–64,0%.
Key words: white cabbage, F1 hybrids, burn of the upper fibers of the fibers, tipburn, resistance
Polyakova N.V., post-graduate student, junior research fellow of the Department of vegetable growing. E-mail: email@example.com
Koroleva S.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), head of Vegeculture Growing Department. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
FSBSI «FSC of rise»
- Dickson M.H. Inheritance of resistance to tipburn in cabbage. Euphytica. 1977. Vol.26. No3. Pp. 811–815.
- Bondareva L.L. Conveyor of white cabbage hybrids of VNIISSOK selection on the Russian vegetable market. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2017. Vol.1. Pp. 22–23 (In Russ.).
- Kuronuma T., Watanabe H. Search for candidate genes causing the excessive Ca accumulation in roots of tipburn-damaged lisianthus (Eustoma grandiflorum) cultivars. Agriculture. 2021. Vol.11. No3. P. 254.
- Zhang S. et al. Genome-wide identification and transcriptomic data exploring of the cytochrome P450 family in Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa L. ssp. pekinensis). Journal of Plant Interactions. 2021. Vol.16. No1. Pp. 136–155.
- Kozai T. et al. Toward commercial production of head vegetables in plant factories with artificial lighting. Plant Factory Basics, Applications and Advances. Academic Press, 2022. Pp. 417–434.
- Koroleva C.V. et al. The manifestation of the burn of the tip of the inner leaves of the head on hybrids of white cabbage of medium-late and late ripening. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2020. No4. Pp. 84–87.
- Yuan J. et al. Identification of genes related to tipburn resistance in Chinese cabbage and preliminary exploration of its molecular mechanism. BMC plant biology. 2021. Vol.21. No1. Pp. 1–12.
- Coolong T., Cassity-Duffey K., da Silva A. L. B. R. Influence of Nitrogen Rate, Fertilizer Type, and Application Method on Cabbage Yield and Nutrient Concentrations. HortTechnology. 2022. Vol.32. No2. Pp. 134–139.
For citing: Polyakova N.V., Koroleva S.V. Influence of root nutrition on the manifestation of tipburn of the internal leaves of the head in white cabbage hybrids. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No12. Pp. 24-28. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.88.25.005 (In Russ.).