L.M. Sokolova, E.A. Sedov, S.A. Maslovskii, M.E. Zamyatina, N.A. Karpova
The method of modernization of the method of slices using a source of UV radiation (lamp of Wood) in assessing the resistance of the breeding material of carrots to fungal diseases of the genera Alternaria and Fusarium is presented. The presence of fluorescence of the affected tissue before the onset of visible signs of mycelium development on carrot slices was established. It is possible to evaluate the sustainability of carrots on 1–3 days after infection, slices, allowing to accelerate the breeding work, and the method can be used to control the phytosanitary state and the detection of latent disease of carrots before their planting.
Keywords: carrots, Alternaria, Fusarium, stability, wood lamp, UV radiation, fluorescence.
L.M. Sokolova, PhD, senior research fellow of department of breeding and seed production, ARRIVG–branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.A. Sedov, student, RGAU–MSA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
S.A. Maslovskii, PhD, associate professor, RGAU–MSA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
M.E. Zamyatina, assistant, RGAU–MSA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
N.A. Karpova, undergraduate, RGAU–MSA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dyachenko V. S. Research and justification of ways to reduce losses of root crops and onions during storage. Abstract. of thes. .Dr Sci (Agr.). Moscow. 1976. 36 p. (In Riss.).
- Murashova Yu.V. Diseases of carrots during storage and methods of their control in the Kurgan region: Abstract. of thes...Dr. Sci. (Agr.). Kurgan, 2006. 17 p. (In Russ.).
- Technology of storage and realization of varieties and hybrids of root crops [Web resource]. URL: http://vniioh.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ruk_2010_Tehnologiya_hraneniya.pdf. (In Russ.). Access date: 11.04.2019.
- Leunov V.I. et al. Methods of accelerated breeding of carrots for complex resistance to fungal diseases (alternariosis and fusariosis): methodology. Moscow. VNIIO. 2011. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- Sokolova L.M. et al. Resistance of carrot cultivars to diseases during storage depending on infectious background and post-harvest phytosanitary condition of plants /. / / Agrarian scientific journal. 2019. No. 1. Pp. 26–31. DOI: 10.28983/asj.v0i1. 687 (In Russ.).
- Sokolova L.M., Maslovskii S.A., Zamyatina M.E., Karpova N.A. Comparative assessment of modern cultivars and hybrids of carrots for disease resistance during storage. International scientific research journal. 2018. No.4. Pp. 73–76. DOI: 10.23670 / IRJ.2018.70.016 (In Russ.).
For citing: Sokolova L.M., Sedov E.A.,Maslovskii S.A. , Zamyatina M.E., Karpova N.A. Diagnosing of carrots diseases using lamp of Wood. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No5. Pp. 19-21.