Timakova L.N., Borisov V.A., Fil’roze N.A.
Results of testing of new domestic cultivars in the Moscow region on various backgrounds of mineral nutrition: control (without fertilizers), N120P60K180 (calculated dose) and N240P120K360 (double dose) are presented. The amount of fertilizers was calculated according to the scheme of the experiment by nutrition backgrounds and by the percentage of active substance. The soil of the experimental site belongs to the type of alluvial meadow, medium-loamy, saturated, moisture-intensive. Weather conditions were most favourable for the growth and development of table beet plants during the growing season of 2014–2017. A feature of the weather conditions of 2018–2019 was uneven precipitation, which affected the time of germination of seeds. The lack of moisture during the growing season was compensated by irrigation by sprinkling, maintaining the HB at the level of 80–85%. In 2014–2019, we studied varieties of beet of table selection of Poisk Agro Holding for commercial production: with a rounded root crop – Kreolka, Mulatka, Russkaya odnosemyannaya, Efiopka; cylindrical root crop – Slavyanka; round – Smuglyanka. The yield of root crops on the background without fertilizers varied from 36.5 (mulatto) to 47.9 t/ha (Slavyanka). Application of fertilizers in the recommended dose contributed to an increase in yield, on average, by 20.3% without reducing the marketability of products. The most responsive to mineral fertilizers in the calculated dose (N120P60K180) were varieties Mulatka (+33.1%) and Smuglyanka (+29%). The introduction of doubled doses of mineral fertilizers did not lead to a further increase in crop yield. The Creole variety showed a maximum yield of 58.6 t/ha against the background (N240P120K360) growing table beet with the use of fertilizers in calculated and doubled doses reduces the variability in the yield of varieties over the years.
Key words: beetroot, variety, mineral fertilizers, productivity, variability.
Timakova L.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow of department of breeding and seed growing, All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable Growing – branch of Federal Scientific Centre of Vegetable Growing (ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSCVG).E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Borisov V.A., Doctor Sci. (Agr.), professor, chief research fellow of the department of agriculture and agricultural chemistry, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSCVG. E-mail: email@example.com
Filroze N.A, research fellow of department of agriculture and agricultural chemistry, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSCVG.E-mail: Suburban_Chevrolet@mail.ru
- Timakova L.N., Ludilov V.A., Yelizarov O.A Domestic cultivars of cabbage are not worse than foreign ones. Potato and vegetables. 2011.No2. P. 2. (In Russ.).
- Burenin V.I. Sugar beet resistance to cercosporosis (breeding tasks and initial material). Sugar beet. 2018. No10. Pp. 2–5 (In Russ.).
- Yevdokimova L.N. Initial material assessment of red beet on adaptivity and uniformity: abstract Cand. Sci (Agr.). Moscow: ARRIVG, 2004. 25 p. (In Russ.).
- Arustamov S.S., Sokolov V.S., Kokoyev N.SH. A constant leader. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No2. Pp.16–19 https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.18.2.003 (In Russ.).
- Baklanova O.V. et al. Domestic cultivars and hybrids to retailers. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No10. Pp. 2–7 https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2018.10.18441 (In Russ.).
- Variety testing of new varieties of red beet on different backgrounds of mineral nutrition / N.A. Filroze, L.N. Timakova, V.A. Borisov, M.A. Dolgopolova. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No10. Pp. 22–24 https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2018.10.18445 (In Russ.).
- Borisov V.A., Litvinov S.S., Romanova A.V. Quality and storageability of vegetables. Moscow, 2003. 625 p. (In Russ.).
- Borisov V.A. Fertilizer system for vegetable crops. Moscow: Rosagropromizdat, 2016. 394 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Timakova L.N., Borisov V.A., Fil’roze N.A. Promising varieties of beets can be found on various backgrounds of mineral nutrition. Potato and vegetables. 2020. №4. Pp. 11-13. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.87.98.002 (In Russ.)