UDC 635.64: 631.67
Ognev V.V., Chernova T.V., Geraskina N.V., Avdeenko S.S., Kameneva V.K.
The demand for fresh pepper fruits and processed products is constantly expansion in Russia. In commodity production, pepper hybrids are increasingly being used. The cultivation of hybrids should take into account their biological characteristics and contribute to the realization of their productive potential. The aim of the study is to improve individual elements of the technology of cultivating new domestic hybrids of sweet peppers to ensure high yields of environmentally friendly products. The research was carried out in 2016–2019 at the Breeding and seed production centre Rostovsky of Poisk Agro Holding In the Rostov region. The amount of precipitation for the period from March to October is 268 mm. The amount of active temperatures in excess of 10 °C exceeds 3200 °C. Soils in experiments – ordinary chernozem. The humus content in the arable layer is 4.2%, pHKCl-7.8. Pepper was grown by seedling method. Planting in the first decade of may. The predecessor is a cucumber. Drip irrigation with fertigation system. The scheme of experiments included 3 variants: standard (traditional technology using complex ballast fertilizers and chemicals to protect plants products); combined technology with the use of complex ballast fertilizers in the main application, feeding complex ballast-free water-soluble fertilizers, a combination of biological and chemical plant protection products; biological technology using organic fertilizers in the main application, sowing on the siderats of intermediate cereal crops, the use of complex ballast-free water-soluble fertilizers in fertilization and biological plant protection products. The material for the research was the hybrids of pepper F1 Ilona and F1 Baikal. As a result of the research, it was found that the combined production technology had an advantage over others. The cultivation of new domestic hybrids of sweet peppers F1 Ilona and F1 Baikal on combined technology is economically profitable. The yield of hybrids exceeded 70 tons per hectare, at a cost of less than 6 rubles/kg and the level of profitability of more than 110%.
Key words: sweet pepper, hybrids, technologies, fertilizers, plant protection products, yield, marketability, profitability.
Ognev V.V. (author for correspondence), Cand. Sci. (Agr.), associate professor, director, Breeding and seed production centre Rostovsky, Poisk Agro Holding. E-mail: email@example.com
Chernova T.V., breeder, Breeding and seed production centre Rostovsky, Poisk Agro Holding
Geraskina N.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), breeder, Breeding and seed production centre Rostovsky, Poisk Agro Holding, associate professor, Don State Agrarian University (DSAU)
Avdeenko S.S., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), associate professor of the Department of agriculture and technology of crop production storage, DSAU
Kameneva V.K., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), associate professor of the Department of plant and horticulture, DSAU
- Ognev V.V., Kostenko A.N., Barbaritskaya I.V. Peppers abundance from Poisk Agro Holding. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No11. Pp. 39–40 (In Russ.).
- Ognev V.V., Chernova T.V., Poltavsky N.A. Pepper Selection for southern Russia. Potato and vegetables. 2017. No11. Pp. 38–40 (In Russ.).
- Pishnaya O.N., Mamedov M.I., Pivovarov V.F. Pepper Selection. Moscow: All-Russian research institute of breeding and seed production, 2012. 248 p. (In Russ.).
- Ognev V.V., Chernova T.V. Pepper in spring greenhouses in southern Russia. Potato and vegetables. 2014. No2. Pp. 17–19 (In Russ.).
- Gish R.A., Gikalo G.S. Vegetables of Southern Russia. Krasnodar: EDVI, 2012. 632 p. (In Russ.).
- Monakhos G.F. Vegetable and Seed production in Russia at the present stage. Vegetable grower's Bulletin. 2012. No1. Pp. 15–21 (In Russ.).
- Ognev V.V., Chernova T.V., Geraskina N.V. The source material of sweet peppers. Potato and vegetables. 2015. No6. Pp. 14–15 (In Russ.).
- Khrustalev Yu. P. et al. Climate and agroclimatic resources of the Rostov region. Rostov on Don: Bataisk Published, 2002. 184 p. (In Russ.).
- Agafonov E.V., Poluektov E.V. Soils and Fertilizers in the Rostov Region. Persianovka: Donskoy Agricultural University, 1999. 90 p. (In Russ.).
- Golubev Ya. A. et al. The technology of producing sweet peppers in the conditions of southern Russia. Krasnodar: Krasnodar Research Institute of Vegetable and Potato, 2008. 32 p. (In Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. Method of field experience in vegetable production. M.: Аll-Russian vegetable research institute, 2011. 649 p. (In Russ.).
- Fertilizer of sweet peppers. V.A. Borisov, A.M. Men'shih, V.S. Sosnov, G.F. Monahos. Potatoes and vegetables. 2018. No3. Pp. 16–17. (In Russ.).
- Ludilov V. A., Gikalo G. S., Gish R. A. Pepper culture in the North Caucasus. Krasnodar: Kubanskiy Agricultural University, 1999. 214 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Ognev V.V., Chernova T.V., Geraskina N.V., Avdeenko S.S., Kameneva V.K. Technological specifics of growing sweet pepper hybrids in the open ground. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No6. Pp. 14-19. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.74.78.002 (In Russ.).