Kostenko G.A., Khovrin A.N.
Four promising F1 hybrids of white cabbage bred at Poisk company were tested at different planting density: 19, 23, 27, 30, 33 thousand plants/ha. in the Ramensky district of the Moscow region. F1 Univers, F1 Zastolniy, F1 Poisk 2018 – mid-late ripening and F1 Continent – late hybrid for storage. Objective of the study: to determine the responsiveness of white cabbage hybrids at different planting densities for their growing in the Non-Black Earth Zone. The research site belongs to the forest zone in the central part of the Russian Plain. Soils are alluvial meadows of medium loamy texture. The weather conditions during the years of the research were not entirely favorable for the cultivation of white cabbage. Precipitation above average annual values was observed in 2020. Hot dry weather, lack of moisture, favorable conditions for the development of cabbage moth and tobacco thrips during the growing season were in 2021. The mid-late hybrid F1 Zastolniy was distinguished by the maximum and stable yield over 2 years of research. Its yield was 144.54 t/ha. Planting F1 Zastolniy was recommended at a density of 33 thousand plants/ha to maximize the yield of white cabbage production; large heads of cabbage should be obtained on sparse plantings at 27 thousand plants/ha. The average yield of F1 Poisk 2018 was 130.35 t/ha with a density of 33 thousand plants/ha, 141.4 t/ha on sparse plantings with a density of 23 thousand plants/ha. The F1 Univers hybrid has realized its biological productivity potential of 125.07 and 126.90 at 33 and 27 thousand plants/ha, respectively. Hybrid F1 Continent reacted least of all to changes in planting density, had the highest yield at 30 thousand plants/ha 120 t/ha.
Keywords: white cabbage, hybrid, yield, variety testing, feeding area, best hybrids.
Kostenko G.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow. cabbage breeding laboratory, ARRIVG - branch of the FSBSI FSVC, breeder of the Poisk company. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Khovrin A.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), chief research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, head of department of breeding and primary seed production of Poisk company. E-mail: email@example.com
- State Register for Selection Achievements Admitted for Usage (National List) [Web resource] URL: https://gossortrf.ru/wp-content/uploads/Итоговый реестр-20211.pdf Access date: 8.11.2021 (In Russ.).
- Cabbage is the leader in price growth in Russia in 2021 [Web resource] URL: https://ab-centre.ru/news/kapusta---lider-po-rostu-cen-v-rossii-v-2021-godu. Access date: 18.11.2021 (In Russ.).
- Kostenko G.A. F1 Univers – a unique domestic hybrid of white cabbage // Potatoes and vegetables. 2018. No10. Рp. 39–40 https://doi.org/ 10.25630/PAV.2018.10.18452 (In Russ.).
- Economic efficiency of growing and storing new hybrids of white cabbage, selection and seed-growing company Poisk. A.V. Romanova, G.A. Kostenko, I.I. Virchenko, S.V. Maksimov. Agricultural market. 2015. No8. С. 28–30 (In Russ.).
- Influence of increasing doses mineral fertilizers on the biochemical composition of white cabbage. O.N. Uspenskaya, V.A. Borisov, I.Y. Vasyuchkov, А.А. Kolomiets, G.A. Kostenko. Fertility. 2021. No4(121). Рp. 22–25. https://doi.org/10.25680/S19948603.2021.121.07 (In Russ.).
For citing: Kostenko G.A., Khovrin A.N. Testing of domestic white cabbage hybrids at different planting densities. 2021. No12. Pp. 35-37. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.62.72.007 (In Russ.).