Kosenko M.A., Khovrin A.N.
The purpose of the work: to assess the potential of a new variety of carrot table Kupets of domestic selection, meeting the modern requirements of commodity production. The research was carried out in 2019–2021 in open ground conditions in the selection crop rotation of the Poisk Agro Firm (Moscow region). The soil of the experimental site belongs to the type of alluvial meadow, medium loamy, saturated, moisture-intensive. The soil is characterized by a high humus content – 3.5–3.8%, a salt extract reaction close to neutral – 5.5–6.1. The content of total nitrogen is 0.19–0.24%, nitrate nitrogen – 2.0–2.8 mg/100 g, mobile forms of phosphorus – 17.6–19.1 mg/100 g, potassium – 7.0–8.2 mg/100 g, respectively. Sowing was carried out in the second decade of May on single-row plots with an area of 2.1 m2. Immediately after sowing, a selective soil pre-emergence herbicide Stomp was treated at a dose of 3 l/ha with a working fluid flow rate of 200 l/ha. During the growing season, row-to-row cultivation, records of germination dates, bundle and technical ripeness were carried out. Biochemical analyses after harvesting were carried out according to the following methods: dry matter – by the thermostatic-weight method (drying at 105 °C), sugars – by Bertrand, carotenoids – spectrophotometrically. The laying of experiments on the storage of carrot varieties in the dining room was carried out in the refrigerating chamber of the vegetable storage at the recommended modes: air temperature 0–1 °C, relative humidity – 90–95%. In 2020–2021, the yield of the variety for two years ranged from 45.7 t/ha to 107.5 t/ha at 4 state-owned cultivars of the Russian Federation, which indicates the reaction of the variety to different levels of technology at the variety stages. The average yield on all plots for two years was 79.0 t/ha. The highest yield indicators of the Kupets variety (Kuroda/Chantene type) were noted in the Ivanovo and Moscow regions. The weight of the root crop is 152–201 g. The taste qualities are good and excellent. The dry matter content is 10.8%, total sugar – 7.2%, carotene up to 15.0 mg/100 g of raw matter.
Key words: carrots, variety, yield, marketability, stability.
Kosenko M.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow of department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC), breeder of the Poisk Agro Firm. E-mail: email@example.com
Khovrin A.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), associate professor, head of department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC), head of department of breeding and primary seed production of Poisk Agro Firm. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrot hybrids for commercial production. A.N. Khovrin, M.A. Kosenko, A.V. Kornev, L.M. Sokolova. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No7. Pp. 32–33. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2019.21.24.009. (In Russ.).
- Kosenko M.A., Khovrin A.N. Rexy – a new medium-ripened variety of table carrots. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No7. Pp. 38–40. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2021.81.54.007. (In Russ.).
- Yudaeva V.E., Kozak V.I. Source material for carrot breeding in the Moscow region. Fruit and berry growing in Russia. 2013. No1(37). Pp. 365–371 (In Russ.).
- Burenin V.I., Piskunova T.M., Khmelinskaya T.V. Gene pool for carrot and beet breeding in the dining room. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2017. No4. Pp. 28–31. DOI: 10.18619/2072-9146-2017-4-28-31. (In Russ.).
- Gonova O.V., Malygin A.A. Planning the production of table carrots on the basis of high-tech technologies. Agrarian Bulletin of the Upper Volga region. 2020. No2 (31). Pp. 33–37 (In Russ.).
- Khmelinskaya T.V., Burenin V.I. Adaptive potential of carrot genresources. Vegetable crops of Russia. 2018. No6 (44). Pp. 8–12 (In Russ.).
- Ermolaeva L.V., Khmelinskaya T.V., Vandysheva S.L. Genetic sources of complex carrot resistance to pests and diseases. Development of agriculture in the Non-Chernozem region: problems and their solution. Collection of works on the results of the international scientific and practical conference. St. Petersburg – Pushkin, November 9, 2016. St. Petersburg. FGBOU VO SPbGAU. 2016. Pp. 72–74 (In Russ.).
- Vegetables of the borscht group in Russia. A.F. Razin, M.V. Shatilov, R.A. Meshcheryakova, T.N. Surikhina, O.A. Razin, G.A. Telegina. Potato and vegetables. 2019. №10. C. 26–28. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2019.37.28.009. (In Russ.).
- Litvinov S.S. Methodology of field experience in vegetable growing. Moscow. Russian Agricultural Academy. 2011. 648 p. (In Russ.).
- Analysis of varieties and hybrids of table carrots for juice yield. A.V. Kornev, A.N. Khovrin, L.M. Sokolova, M.A. Kosenko. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No11. Pp. 38–40. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2021.79.18.007. (In Russ.).
For citing: Kosenko M.A., Khovrin A.N. The results of the variety testing of a new variety of carrots Kupets. 2022. No7. Pp. 33-36. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.70.92.004 (In Russ.).