Shabanov A.E., Kiselev A.I., Solomentsev P.V.
The research was carried out in order to determine the optimal planting dates and methods of applying mineral fertilizers when growing a new medium-ripened potato variety Kumach. The experiments were laid at the experimental base Korenevo of the Russian Potato Research Centre (Moscow region) in 2018–2020 on sod-podzolic sandy loam soil with a low humus content (1.8–1.9%), high – mobile phosphorus (269–278 mg/kg of soil) and below average – exchangeable potassium (128–130 mg/kg of soil). In a two-factor experiment, the following options were studied: planting dates (factor A) – early (III decade of April), basic (control) 7–10 days after the first term; methods of applying mineral fertilizers (factor B) – one-time (N90P90K135 when cutting ridges); fractional (N60P60K90 when cutting ridges + N30P30K45 in fertilizing during row-to-row processing 7–10 days after germination); fractional with double top dressing (N30P30K45 when cutting combs + N30P30K45 in top dressing during row-to-row treatment 7–10 days after germination + N30P30K45 in top dressing during row-to-row treatment in the budding phase of plants). The optimal time for planting tubers of the Kumach variety is the third decade of April, at which shoots appear on 6–7, and the phases of budding and flowering occur 4–6 days earlier relative to the control. The increase in yield compared to early planting averaged 1.9 t/ha over three years, or 5.3%. Fractional application of mineral fertilizers over an average of three years led to an increase in yield by 2.7 t/ha, or 7.3%, compared with the control. With early planting of tubers and fractional use of fertilizers, the yield increase was 4.5 t/ha, or 12.5%, compared with the control. Conditional income reached 48.0 thousand rubles/ha. Compaction of plantings up to 50 and 56 thousand tubers/ha increased the yield of tubers by 1.7–2.4 t/ha, or up to 6.7%, in comparison with the control.
Key words: agrotechnological passport, biological characteristics, productivity, planting time and density, application acceptance, quality indicators, conditional income
Shabanov A.E., Cand. Sci (Agr.), head of the Department of agro-ecological assessment of varieties and hybrids
Kiselev A.I., Cand. Sci (Agr.), senior research fellow of the Department of agro-ecological assessment of varieties and hybrids
Solomentsev P.V., junior research fellow of Department of agro-ecological assessment of varieties and hybrids
Russian Potato Research Centre. E-mail: email@example.com
- Budin K.Z. For the high yield of potatoes. Leningrad. Znanie. 1981. 36 p. (In Russ.).
- Dmitrieva S.A. Optimal terms of planting. Potato and vegetables. 1985. No2. Pp. 15–17 (In Russ.).
- Vladimirov Yu.M. Productivity and quality of early potatoes depending on the variety, methods of germination and planting density in the conditions of the Volga-Vyatka district: abstract of the dissertation of Cand. Sci. (Agr.). Moscow. 2001. 24 p. (In Russ.).
- Shabanov A.E., Kiselev A.I. Reaction of new potato varieties to thickening of plantings. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No11. Pp. 29–30. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2019.98.67.007. (In Russ.).
- Korshunov A.V., Fedotova L.S. Dosages, terms and methods of applying mineral fertilizers. Potato of Russia. Vol. 2. Edited by A.V. Korshunov. Moscow. Editorial Board of the magazine «Achievements of science and technology of the agro-industrial complex». 2003. Pp. 142–154 (In Russ.).
- Kiryukhin V.P. Methodology of physiological and biochemical studies of potatoes. Moscow. NIIKH. 1989. 142 p. (In Russ.).
- Zhevora S.V. et al. Methods of conducting agrotechnical experiments, accounting, observations and analyses on potatoes. Moscow. FGBNU VNIIKH. 2019. 120 p. (In Russ.).
- Polunin G.A. et al. Methodological recommendations for determining the annual economic effect of the use of R&D and development work in the agro-industrial complex. Moscow. ANO NITSPO. 2007. 32 p. (In Russ.).
- Dospekhov B.A. Method of field experiments (with the basics of statistical processing of research results). Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1985. 336 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Shabanov A.E., Kiselev A.I., Solomentsev P.V. Biological features and reaction of the Kumach potato variety to agricultural cultivation practices. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No2. Pp. 23-25. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.21.36.003 (In Russ.).