S.V. Maltsev, D.V. Abrosimov, O.V. Abashkin
The article reveals the results of studies the phytohormone ethylene and gamma-irradiation (60Co) and its influence on seed germination, plant growth and development, number of stems and tubers per plant, yield and structure of yield. Treatment of seed potato tubers with ethylene allowed to increase the total yield of potatoes depending on the variety, area of cultivation and application of irrigation by 9.9–19.0% (1.2–6.4 t/ha).
Keywords: potato, phytohormone ethylene, gamma-irradiation, germination, stems, yield.
S.V. Maltsev (author for correspondence), PhD, senior research fellow of the group of potato storage and processing. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
D.V. Abrosimov, PhD, head of the original seed potato laboratory
O.V. Abashkin, head of the elite seed potato laboratory
Lorch Potato Research Institute
- Pshechenkov K.A., Zeyruk V.N., Maltsev S.V. Dormancy of tubers and factors determining it. Protection and quarantine of plants. 2007. No.8. Pp. 54–55 (In Russ.).
- Ju C., Chang C. Advances in ethylene signalling: protein complexes at the endoplasmatic reticulum membrane. AoB Plants. 2012. pls031 (doi: 10.1093/aobpla/pls031).
- Rylski I., Rappaport L., Pratt H. K. Dual effects of ethylene on potato dormancy and sprout growth. Plant Physiol. 1974. No. 33. Pp. 638–662.
- Wills R.B.H., Warton M.A. Effect of low levels of ethylene on sprouting of potatoes in storage. HortScience. 2004. No. 39 (1). Pp. 136–137.
- Aleksakhin R. M. et al. Prospects for the use of radiation technologies in the agro-industrial complex of the Russian Federation. Bulletin of RANS. 2014. No. 1. Pp. 78–85 (In Russ.).
- Maltsev S.V., Pshechenkov K.A. Treatment of tubers with an inhibitor of germination reduces losses during storage. Potato and vegetables. 2009. No. 1. P. 9 (In Russ.).
- Petin V.G., Pronkevich M.D. Radiation hormesis under the action of small doses of ionizing radiation. Obninsk. MIFI. 2013. 53 p. (In Russ.).
- Pshechenkov K.A., Maltsev S.V. Technology of planting potatoes. Potato and vegetables. 2008. No.2. Pp. 9–10 (In Russ.).
- Dospekhov B.A. Methodology of field experiment. Moscow. 1985. 351 p. (In Russ.).
- Maltsev S.V., Pshechenkov K.A. Diagnostics of development of potato plants during the growing season. Protection of potatoes. 2011. No.2. Pp. 26–28 (In Russ.).
For citing: Maltsev S.V., Abrosimov D.V., Abashkin O.V. Storage of seed potatoes using chemical and physical methods of influence on tubers. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No5. Pp. 31-34.