A.B. Kurina, A.M. Artemyeva, N.G. Sinyavina, A.A. Kochetov, G.G. Panova
The present study describes biological features of small radish (Raphanus sativus L.) grown under the intense light culture conditions. Results, obtained using regulated system, demonstrated high variability of reaction to intense light conditions among the varieties of small radish. Amplitude of variability of the main morphological, phenological traits and productivity depending on variety type, was assessed. Samples of small radish, which can be potential sources of economic-valuable traits for future breeding (such as resistance to bolting under the intense light culture, compact rosette, high productivity and marketability) were identified.
Keywords: radish, intense light culture, traits, variability, variety type.
A.B. Kurina, postgraduate, junior research fellow, Federal Research Centre «The N.I. Vavilov All-Russian Institute of Plant Genetic Resources' (VIR). E-mail: email@example.com
A.M. Artemyeva, PhD, head of the department of vegetable and melon crops, Federal Research Centre «The N.I. Vavilov All-Russian Institute of Plant Genetic Resources' (VIR). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
N.G. Sinyavina, PhD, senior research fellow, laboratory of ecological genetics and plant breeding, Agrophysical Research Institute. E-mail: email@example.com
A.A. Kochetov, PhD, leading research fellow, head of the laboratory of ecological genetics and plant breeding, Agrophysical Research Institute. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
G.G. Panova, PhD, head of the department of light physiology of plants and bioproductivity of agroecosystems, Agrophysical Research Institute. E-mail: email@example.com
- Ermakov E.I. Systems of intensive cultivation of plants in regulated conditions. Systems of intensive plants growing. Collection of papers. Leningrad. Agropromizdat. 1987. Pp. 3–21 (In Russ.).
- Ermakov E.I., Zheltov Yu.I., Makarova G.A., Chernousov I.N. Regulated agroecosystem in solving the problem of breeding and adaptive crop production. Agrophysical methods and devices (3 volumes). Plant and environment. Vol. 3. Saint Petersburg. AFI. 1998. Pp. 19–36 (In Russ.).
- Ilyin O.V., Ilyina T.O., Semyachkina E.O. Intensive light culture. New technologies and equipment. 2009. No.11. Pp. 9–12 (In Russ.).
- Sinyavina N.G. et al. Study of radish biodiversity in conditions of intensive light culture and identification of economically valuable traits for breeding. Vegetables of Russia. 2018. No.3. Pp. 56–59 (In Russ.).
- Ermakov E.I., Makarova G.A. Regulated agroecosystem in genetic and breeding research. Ermakov E.I. Selected works. Saint Petersburg. PIYAFRAN. 2009. Pp. 29–47 (In Russ.).
- Eremenko L.L., Grinberg E.G. Morphophysiological variability of vegetable plants. Novosibirsk. Nauka. 1977. 297 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Kurina A.B., Artemyeva A.M., Sinyavina N.G., Kochetov A.A., Panova G.G. Biological features of radish (Raphanus sativus L.) grown under the intensive grow light conditions. Potato and Vegetables. 2019. No4. Pp. 26-29.