Yanchenko A.V., Fedosov A.Yu., Men’shikh A.M., Azopkov M.I., Golubovich V.S.
Inlay is a type of pre-sowing treatment of seed material, in which a liquid composition based on an aqueous solution is applied to the surface of the seeds. The solution contains protective substances: fungicides, bactericides, insecticides, various micro- and macro-fertilizers, growth stimulants, neutral dyes, adhesives. This method of seed treatment provides high-quality seed coating, obtaining friendly shoots. The purpose of the research is to study the possibility of combining preparations for pre-sowing preparation and their dosage when inlaying carrot seeds in the dining room. The work was carried out in 2013–2014 in the fields of the ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC (Ramensky district of the Moscow region) on non-irrigated old-arable peat-swamp soils of the Moskvoretsky floodplain. The object of research is perspective lines (690P and 690B) of canteen carrots. Experience options: 1. Maxim 480, SC (1.0 l/t) + Cruizer 600, SC (10.0 l/t), 2. Maxim 480, SC (1.0 l/t) + Cruizer 600, SC (10.0 l/t) + Isabion (3.0 l/t), 3. Maxim 480, CS (10 l/t), 4. Maxim 480, CS (1.0 l/t) + Force, MS (16.5 l/t) + Isabion (3.0 l/t), 5. Without treatment (control). Seed encrustation reduced the laboratory germination of seeds, but in the field, the shell with protective preparations created more favorable conditions for the growth and development of table carrots. The best option on average over the years of research turned out to be the option of inlaying seeds with preparations in doses of Maxim 480, SC (1.0 l/t) + Cruizer 600, CS 10.0 (l/t) + Isabion (3.0 l/t). The yield on this variant was 61.50 t/ha of standard root crops when processing seeds of the 690V line, the total yield was 79.86 t/ha. This option was also the best for seed treatment of the 690P line: the yield of root crops was 71.36 t/ha, of which 56.64 t/ha were standard. At the same time, the inclusion of the fungicide Maxim in the shell contributed to a decrease in the number of diseased root crops in the total harvest.
Key words: table carrot, technology, inlay, insecticides, fungicides, seeds, pre-sowing preparation
Yanchenko A.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: email@example.com
Fedosov A.Yu., junior research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Men'shikh A.M., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: email@example.com
Azopkov M.I., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Golubovich V.S., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow, Department of Technology and Innovation. E-mail: email@example.com
All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable Growing – branch of Federal Scientific Centre of Vegetable Growing (ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC)
- Promising preparations for inlaying seeds of table root crops. Yu.A. Bykovskii, A.V. Yanchenko, M.I. Azopkov, V.S. Golubovich, S.V. Fefelova, R.A. Bagrov. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No5. Pp. 16–19 (In Russ.).
- Infectious diseases of plants: etiology, current state, problems and prospects of plant protection. P.A. Nazarov, D.N. Baleev, M.I. Ivanova, L.M. Sokolova, M.V. Karakozova. Acta Naturae. 2020. Vol. 12. No3(46). Pp. 46–59 (In Russ.).
- Ashraf M., Foolad M.R. Pre-sowing seed treatment – a shotgun approach to improve germination growth and crop yield under saline and non-saline conditions. Adv. Agron. 2005. No88. Pp. 223–271.
- Influence of storage conditions on seed quality and longevity of four vegetable crops. A.M. Alhamdan, A.A. Alsadon, S.O. Khalil, M.A. Wahb-Allah, M.E. Nagar, A.A. Ibrahim. American-Eurasian J Agril and Env. Sci. 2011. No11(3). Pp. 353–359.
- Semerenko S.A., Kurilova D.A. Inlay of oilseed flax seeds as a way to protect seedlings from harmful organisms in the conditions of the central zone of the Krasnodar Territory. Oilseed crops. Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Oilseeds. 2017. Iss. 4(172). Pp. 125–133 (In Russ.).
- Li M., Dongwei Y., Li W. Effects of encrustation on germination and seedling growth of vegetable seeds // Acta Agriculturae Shanghai. 2007. Vol.21. Iss.3. Pp. 17–20.
For citing: Inlay of vegetable seeds. A.V. Yanchenko, A.Yu. Fedosov, A.M. Men’shikh, M.I. Azopkov, V.S. Golubovich. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No7. Pp. 16-19. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.86.56.003 (In Russ.).