Ibragimbekov M.G., Davletbaeva O.R., Khovrin A.N.
New varieties and hybrids of onion should have economically valuable characteristics necessary for the market, therefore, the priority is to create heterotic hybrids of this crop, showing increased viability, high and stable yield and alignment, general resistance to pathogens and good keeping quality. The purpose of the research: to study new hybrid combinations of onions according to the main economically valuable characteristics. The study was carried out in 2019–2020 in the Department of breeding and seed production of ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC with the staging of experiments in open ground and storage with adjustable temperature and humidity characteristics (Ramensky district of the Moscow region). Seven new hybrid combinations of onions participated in the experiment, the hybrid F1 Premito (Monsanto) and the domestic variety Forward (joint selection of the Poisk Agro Firm and ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC) were used as a standard. Sowing was carried out in the third decade of April, at the rate of 0.8 million pcs/ha. During the growing season, phenological records, biometric measurements were carried out and morphological description was carried out according to generally accepted methodological guidelines. Plant care measures were carried out in accordance with the recommendations for the cultivation zone. The study of morphological features and biometric indicators was carried out on a small sample (10 plants) of each sample. The number of rudiments was determined on a cross section of the bulb. The intensity of wax plaque on the samples was assessed visually. Onions were placed in storage with equipped refrigeration units that automatically regulate temperature, humidity and air circulation. For the best preservation of this culture, the temperature in the storage was maintained at about 1–2 °C and the relative humidity in the range of 75–80%. The results of the evaluation of new onion samples in the conditions of the Moscow region allowed us to identify a hybrid combination 652/15 F1 (Shet × Livingston I3) with high yield (59.5 t/ha) and preservation in winter (84.7%), which corresponds to the parameters of the developed model for the conditions of the region and has competitive advantages.
Key words: onion, hybrid, selection, variety
Ibragimbekov M.G., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), research fellow of laboratory of selection of table root crops and onions, All-Russian Research Institute of Vegetable Growing – branch of Federal Scientific Centre of Vegetable (ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC), breeder of the Poisk Agro Firm. E-mail: email@example.com
Davletbaeva O.R., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), research fellow of laboratory of selection of table root crops and onions, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, breeder of the Poisk Agro Firm. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Khovrin A.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), assoc. prof., head of department of breeding and seed production, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, head of department of breeding and primary seed production of the Poisk Agro Firm. E-mail: email@example.com
- Khovrin A.N., Monakhos G.F. Production and selection of onions in Russia. Potato and vegetables. 2014. No7. Pp. 18–21 (In Russ.).
- Sedin A.A., Sibiryatkin S.V., Pivovarov V.V. Onion varieties for the south of Russia. Vegetable grower bulletin. 2009. No3. Pp. 2–7 (In Russ.).
- Belik V.F. Experimental methodology in vegetable and melon growing. Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1992. 320 p. (In Russ.).
- Perezhogina V.V. et al. Study and maintenance of the world collection of onions and garlic (guidelines). Saint Petersburg. VNIIR named after N.I. Vavilov. 2005. 107 p. (In Russ.).
- Kryuchkov A.V., Potapov S.P. Selection and seed production of vegetable crops. Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1986. 278 p. (In Russ.).
- Shirokov E.P. et al. Methodological guidelines for carrying out research work on the storage of vegetables. Moscow. VASHNIL. 1982. 34 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Ibragimbekov M.G., Davletbaeva O.R., Khovrin A.N. Evaluation of new onion variety in a hybrid plot in the conditions of the Central strip of Russia. 2022. No1. Pp. 37-40. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.82.14.005 (In Russ.).