Kosenko M.A., Ibragimbekov M.G., Khovrin A.N., Kornev A.V.
In the process of seed breeding work with seed plants, it is necessary to carry out a number of measures (inspection, garter plants, culling of non-typical and weakened plants, isolation). Especially when creating «pure» linear material (sterile and fertile). We need to approach this issue carefully. Culling should be carried out more often. With the traditional planting scheme of 70 cm, it is inconvenient to carry out these measures, since at the time of flowering the plants reach more than 100 cm. There is a partial closure of the rows. At the time of seed harvesting, the rows close, this is not allowed to obtain «clean» lines. The purpose of the research is to develop a technological technique in the selection of a planting scheme for the propagation of linear material in the breeding process and the original seed production of table carrots. The studies were conducted in 2019–2021. The experiments were laid in a film greenhouse on the territory of the selection center of the agrofirm «Poisk» (Ramensky district of the Moscow region). Root crops were planted manually according to schemes with a planting step of 20 cm: 70 cm (control), 96 + 20 cm, 112 cm. The selection of planting schemes was carried out in order to optimize the care of plants, carrying out variety cleaning. The area of the accounting plot is 14.7 m2, double repetition. The object of research: seed plants of the carrot lines of the dining room (690 B and 690 P). The density of standing plants, depending on the scheme of the experiment, changed almost 2 times: from 4.5 to 7.1 and 8.6 pcs /m2. The selection of a planting scheme for the propagation of linear material in the breeding process and the original seed production of table carrots led to ease of operation, but to a slight increase in productivity and to a slight loss of yield under the 112 cm scheme. The 96 + 20 cm scheme was also distinguished by a decrease in these signs. In terms of sowing qualities, the seeds of the lines in all planting variants were almost identical (82–91.3% germination).
Key words: carrots, variety, yield, marketability.
Kosenko M.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), senior research fellow of department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, breeder of the Poisk Agrofirm. E-mail: m. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ibragimbekov M.G., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), research fellow of department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, breeder of the Poisk Agrofirm. E-mail: email@example.com
Khovrin A.N., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), associate professor, head of department of breeding and seed growing of ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC, head of department of breeding and primary seed production of Poisk Agrofirm. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kornev A.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC
- Vegetables of the borscht group in Russia. A.F. Razin, M.V. Shatilov, R.A. Meshcheryakova, T.N. Surikhina, O.A. Razin, G.A. Telegina. Potato and vegetables. 2019. No10. Pp. 26–28. (In Russ.).
- Fedorenko V.F., Mishurov N.P., Nemenuschaya L.A. Analysis of the state and prospects for the development of breeding and seed production of vegetable crops: scientific. anal. review. Moscow. FSBI Rosinformagrotech. 2019. 96 p. (In Russ.).
- Bykovsky Yu.A., Shaimanov A.A., Leunov V.I. Features of pre-realization processing of vegetable seeds. Potato and vegetables. 2016. No1. Pp. 32–35. (In Russ.).
- Sirota S.M., Stepanov V.A., Podorogin V.A., Krivenkov L.V., Shevchenko T.E., Khavaeva N.P. Innovative technology of carrot seed production by a non-planting method for the conditions of the North Caucasus. Federal Scientific Center of Vegetable Growing. Moscow. FSBSI FSVC. 2019. 28 p. (In Russ.).
- Khovrin A.N., Ibragimbekov M.G., Bagrov R.A. Original seed production of vegetable root crops in the Moscow region. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No2. Pp. 34–36. (In Russ.).
- Yanchenko A.V., Azopkov M.I., Sokolova L.M. Seed treatment to increase the yield of queen cells. Potato and vegetables. 2016. No10. Pp. 32–34. (In Russ.).
- GOST 32592–2013. Interstate standard. Seeds of vegetable, melon crops, fodder root crops and fodder cabbage. Varietal and sowing qualities General technical conditions. Moscow. Standartinform. 2014. 29 p. (In Russ.).
- Dospekhov B.A. Methodology of field experience (with the basics of statistical processing of research results). Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1985. 351 p. (In Russ.).
For citation: Planting schemes in carrot seed production. M.A. Kosenko, M.G. Ibragimbekov, A.N. Khovrin, A.V. Kornev. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No10. Pp. 33-35. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.24.30.006 (In Russ.)
Pingback: №10, 2022en | Potato and Vegetables