Tulinov A.G., Lobanov A.Yu., Shergina N.N., Kush A.A.
In 2017 the Institute of Agrobiotechnology, Federal Research Center, Komi Scientific Center, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences completed the breeding process of a new promising variety of potato Vychegodsky, adapted to the conditions of the risky farming zone, which includes the Komi Republic. This variety was transferred to the State Commission of the Russian Federation for testing. On the experimental fields of the institute, three-year (2017–2019) production tests were conducted in a six-field cultural crop rotation. The predecessor is annual herbs. The soil of the experimental plot is sod-podzolic with an average content of: humus – 3.3%; pHkcl – 6.4; hydrolytic acidity Ha – 1.4 m-eq/100 g of soil; nitrogen content (Ntotal) – 90 mg/kg, phosphorus (P2O5) – 597.5 mg/kg, potassium (K2O) – 103.7 mg/kg of soil. The potato was planted according to the technology generally accepted for agricultural enterprises of the Komi Republic: planting depth of 8–10 cm, density – 47600 bushes per ha, layout – 70×30 cm, mineral fertilizers were applied based on the removal of 25 t/ha to the planned crop (N150P50K200). Varieties Nevsky, Udacha and a variety of potatoes of our own selection Zyryanets were used as controls. Additionally, a molecular genetic examination of DNA of the Vychegodsky variety was conducted for the presence of 10 markers of resistance genes. Natural and climatic indicators during the years of research have demonstrated the instability characteristic of risky farming zones. The temperature indicators in 2017 and 2019 were higher than the climatic norm, while 2018 was lower. All this happened against the background of excessive rainfall. Against this background, according to the results of production tests, it was found that the average yield of the Vychegodsky variety was 27.2 t/ha, which is 10% higher than the other varieties. This variety showed a high dry matter content (24.1%), starch (15.7%) and vitamin C (7.1 mg%). DNA analysis revealed genes: TG-689; 57R; N195; Gro 1–4–1 and Sen 1, causing resistance to potato cancer and the golden potato nematode. Based on these studies, an agrotechnological passport of the Vychegodsky potato variety was created.
Key words: potato, selection, variety, productivity, quality, disease
Tulinov A.G., Cand. Sci., research fellow, department of agricultural genomics, Institute of Agrobiotechnology FRC Komi SC UB RAS. E-mail: email@example.com
Lobanov A.Yu., junior research fellow, department of agricultural genomics, Institute of Agrobiotechnology FRC Komi SC UB RAS
Shergina N.N., Cand. Sci. (Biol.), associate professor, leading research fellow, department of agricultural genomics, Institute of Agrobiotechnology FRC Komi SC UB RAS
Kush A.A., junior research fellow, department of agricultural genomics, Institute of Agrobiotechnology FRC Komi SC UB RAS
- Korshunov A.V. et al. Current issues and priorities for the development of potato. Achievements of science and technology AIC. 2018. No3. Pp. 12–20. https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2451-2018-10303 (In Russ.).
- Shmorgunov G.T. et al. The development of agricultural technologies to increase the productivity of potato growing in the North: monograph. Syktyvkar. FSBSI SRIA of the Komi Republic; SEI HE KRASSaA. 2016. 127 p. (In Russ.).
- Shmorgunov G.T. et al. The agricultural system of the Komi Republic: monograph. Syktyvkar. SEI HE KRASSaA. 2017. 225 p. (In Russ.).
- The state register of selection achievements allowed for use. V. 1: Varieties of plants: official publication. Moscow. FSBSI «Rosinformagroteh». 2018. 516 p. (In Russ.).
- Guidelines for potato breeding technology / B.A. Pisarev, I.M. Yashina, P.P. Makarov, I.Ya. Loginov. Moscow. Rosselhozakademija. A-RSRIPF. 1994. 22 p. (In Russ.).
- Simakov E.A., Sklyarova N.P., Yashina I.M. Guidelines for technology of the selection process of potatoes. Moscow. LLC «Editorial board of the journal «Achievements of science and technology of the AIC». 2006. 70 p. (In Russ.).
- Dospehov B.A. Methods of field experience (with the basics of statistical processing of research results). Moscow. Kolos. 1979. 416 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Tulinov A.G., Lobanov A.Yu., Shergina N.N., Kush A.A. Agrotechnological passport of potato variety Vychegodsky. Potato and Vegetables. 2020. No9. Pp. 20-23. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2020.70.20.003 (In Russ.).