UDC 635.21: 621.796
Zeyruk V.N., Vasilyeva S.V., Zhevora S.V., Belov G.L., Maltsev S.V., Derevyagina M.K., Kashina Y.G.
One of the main tasks of potato growing in the Russian Federation, in addition to increasing crop yields, is to increase the safety of this product during storage. The article presents the results of the research and gives recommendations to producers on reducing losses when preparing potatoes for harvesting and storage, minimizing injury to tubers, reducing the development of diseases during storage. The results of many years of research have shown that compliance with the full technological process of growing crops during the growing season (selection of varieties, the use of chemicals and growth regulators of a new generation, such as Albit, Mival-Agro, Siliplant, etc.; the use of biological products and agrochemicals Potato, Phytosporin-M, Borogum, Agate 25-K, Immunocytophyt, etc.) ensures minimal losses of potatoes during storage. In the system of preventive techniques of the agrotechnical direction, the use of new planting schemes with the expansion of row spacing and direct-flow technology of laying tubers in storage, which reduces losses by 3.9 times compared to the flow and 2.3 times with transshipment, is promising. The research data on the search for effective chemical and biological preparations for the autumn processing of seed potatoes are presented. Treatment of tubers of the Nikulinsky variety before storage with the studied preparations reduced the number of tubers affected by diseases by 1.3–1.9 times and improved their safety compared to the control (treatment of tubers with water) after storage. Similar data were obtained on potato varieties Nadezhda. The results of studies of drugs that lengthen the natural rest period and germination inhibitors on potatoes intended for industrial processing are presented.
Key words: potato, protection, storage, diseases, losses, drugs, biological efficacy
Zeyruk V.N., D.Sci. (Agr.), head of plant protection laboratory, Russian Potato Research Centre. E-mail: email@example.com
Vasilieva S.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), leading research fellow of plant protection laboratory, Russian Potato Research Centre
Zhevora S.V., D.Sci. (Agr.), Director, Russian Potato Research Centre
Belov G.L., Cand. Sci.(Biol.), senior research fellow of plant protection laboratory, Russian Potato Research Centre
Maltsev S.V., D.Sci. (Agr.), head of the potato storage and processing laboratory, Russian Potato Research Centre
Derevyagina M.K., Cand. Sci.(Biol.), leading research fellow of plant protection laboratory, Russian Potato Research Centre
Kashina Y.G., Agronomist, Phytosanitary Risk Management Department. The Federal State Budgetary Institution All-Russian Plant Quarantine Center (FGBU VNIIKR)
- Ways to reduce losses in preparation for harvesting and storage of potatoes V.N. Zeiruk, S.V. Vasilyeva, G.L. Belov, S.V. Maltsev, M.K. Derevyagina. Protection and quarantine of plants. 2021. No10. Pp.23–26. (In Russ.).
- Dospekhov B.A. Methodology of a field experiment. Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1985. 351 p. (In Russ.).
- Zeiruk V.N., Pshechenkov K.A., Maltsev S.V. et al. The effect of processing potato tubers with protective and stimulating drugs on storage losses. Collection of potato growing: materials of the scientific and practical conference «Modern technologies of potato production, storage and processing (August 1-3, 2017. FGBNU VNIIKH). 2017. Pp. 292–300. (In Russ.).
- Modern technologies of potato production and storage (recommendations). V.G. Savenko, G.M. Sariev, E.A. Simakov, B.V. Anisimov, K.A. Pshechenkov, V.M. Glez Moscow. FGU RCSK. 2008. 108 p. (In Russ.).
- Dorozhkina L.A., Zeiruk V.N., Vasilyeva S.V. The use of protective-stimulating mixtures for the growth, yield and storage of seed potatoes. Fertility. 2019. No2(107). Pp.14-16. (In Russ.).
For citing: Preparation for harvesting and storing potatoes. V.N. Zeyruk, S.V. Vasilyeva, S.V. Zhevora, G.L. Belov, S.V. Maltsev, M.K. Derevyagina, Y.G. Kashina. Potato and vegetables. 2023. No5. Pp. 33-36. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2023.50.30.005 (In Russ.).