Irkov I.I., Uspenskaya O.N.
To meet the needs of the consumer market and reduce the import of onion, it is necessary to further increase its yield in the country, which in 2020 amounted to 28.7 t/ha. In previous years, the high efficiency of the use of rhizospheric bacteria of the preparations BisolbiSan (strain Bacillus subtilis Ch-13), Azotovit (strain Azotobakter chroococcum), and Phosphatovit (strain Bacillus mucilaginosus) was established through foliar treatments during the growing season. The use of drip irrigation creates additional opportunities for the use of these bacteria. The purpose of the research was to determine the maximum application rates of bacterial preparations BisolbiSan, Azotovit, and Phosphatovit during growing through drip irrigation, as well as their effect on the qualitative composition of the crop and its safety. All experiments were carried out on the experimental field and in the ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC storage facility according to the generally accepted methodology, the analyzes were carried out in the agrochemical laboratory of the Institute in 2019–2021. The onion cultivar Forward (FSBSI FSVC, Poisk company) was used in the experiments. As results of the experiments we have found that the maximum application rate for BisolbiSan, Azotovit, and Phosphatovit biological products is 10.0 l/ha. Exceeding this indicator causes a disease of bacteriosis of onion plants. The removal of nutrients by Forward onion cultivar in an annual crop is, kg/10 t: N – 12.4; P – 7.7; K – 16.5. It seems advisable to repeatedly apply small doses of soluble fertilizers with irrigation water during the growing season. No significant change was registered during storage of dry matter content (9.4%) and vitamin C (5.0%). There is a decrease in the sugar content in onions during storage (~ 10.6%). At the same time, the ratio of disaccharides to monosaccharides changes: 2:1 at the beginning and 1:3 at the end. The average weight loss of onions during storage was fixed at 15.2%. The minimum value of the indicator (12.4%) occurs when biopreparations are applied at less than 20.0 l/ha.
Key words: onion, annual crop, biological products, application rate, storage, qualitative composition, weight loss
Irkov I.I., Cand. Sci. (Techn.), leading research fellow. E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Uspenskaya O.N., Cand. Sci. (Biol.), leading research fellow. E–mail: email@example.com
ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC
- Economic aspects of the development of vegetable growing in Russia. A.P. Korolkova, N.A. Kuznetsova, M.I. Ivanova, M.V. Shatilov, I.I. Irkov, A.V. Il'ina, V.N. Kuzmin, T.E. Marinchenko. Moscow. FGBNU Rosinformagrotech. 2021. 204 p. (In Russ.).
- Soldatenko A.V., Razin A.F., Pivovarov V.F. et al. Vegetables in the system of food security in Russia.Vegetables of Russia. 2019. No2. Pp. 9–16 (In Russ.).
- Soldatenko A.V., Pivovarov V.F., Razin A.F. et al. Economics of vegetable growing: Status and modernity. Vegetables of Russia. 2018. No5. Pp.63–68 (In Russ.).
- Microbial preparations based on endophytic and rhizobacteria, which are promising for increasing the productivity and efficiency of the use of mineral fertilizers in spring barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) and vegetable crops. V.K. Chebotar, A.N. Zaplatkin, A.V. Shcherbakov, N.V. Malfanova, A.A. Startseva, Ya.V. Kostin. Agricultural biology, 2016. No3. Pp. 335–342. Doi:10.15389/agrobiology.2016.3.335eng (In Russ.).
- Optimization of onion production technology under annual growing in Non-Chernozem zone. I.I. Irkov, M.G. Ibragimbekov, A.N. Zaplatkin, R.A. Bagrov. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No3. Pp. 25–28. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.39.61.001 (In Russ.).
- Dospekhov B.A. Methodology of field experiment. Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1985. 351 p (In Russ.).
- Borisov V.A. Vegetable crop fertilization system. Moscow. FGBNU Rosinformagrotech. 2016. 392 p. (In Russ.).
- Krug G. Vegetable growing. Moscow. Kolos. 2000. 573 p. (In Russ.).
- Borisov V.A., Litvinov S.S., Romanova A.V. Quality and keeping quality of vegetables. Moscow. Mytishchi interdistrict printing house. 2003. 625 p. (In Russ.).
For citing: Irkov I.I., Uspenskaya O.N. The influence of bacterial preparations on the yield, quality and keeping quality of onion in an annual crop. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No6. Pp. 23-25. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.15.89.003 (In Russ.).