Shilyaeva E.A., Kornev A.V.
In the North-Eastern part of the Volga Federal District, vegetatively propagated forms of onions are traditionally grown. The period of active vegetation of plants is 106–176 days, and the sum of temperatures above 10 °C is 1600–2400, which limits the seed propagation of onion crops. Recently, the demand of commodity producers for shallot planting material has been growing. Its cultivation is more labor-intensive than ordinary onions and requires certain skills in the work. According to its own nutritional indicators, it will always have a demand from the consumer. The aim of the work is to study the vegetative and seed methods of propagation of shallots in the conditions of the Kirov region. The article summarizes the results of studies of the Northern group of the shallots over the years 2001–2020 conducted by the laboratory of the Northern ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC in the Kirov region. The experiments were laid on sod-podzolic, well-cultivated soil, in vegetable crop rotations. Weather conditions were varied: from typical for the zone-according to most years of research, to abnormally warm, hot and dry (2007, 2010) and cold, with an abundance of precipitation (2006, 2019). The main stages of shallot production technology for vegetative and seed propagation methods are considered: selection of the optimal soil type, precursor, soil preparation, timing, schemes, sowing and planting rates, irrigation, protection from pests, diseases and weeds, harvesting, storage, shallot varieties included in the State Register of Breeding Achievements and recommended for cultivation in northern conditions. In the North-East of the European part of the country, shallot samples are obtained in a three-year culture according to the scheme: selection and cooling of queen bees; spring planting of queen bees, obtaining seeds; getting a seed crop; Getting an onion sample from the seed crop. For cultivation in the North-Eastern part of the Volga Federal District, the varieties of shallots Zubarevsky and Bratsky are recommended for cultivation.
Key words: shallots, technology, planting, diseases, pests, cleaning, storage, variety
Shilyaeva E.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr), leading research fellow of Department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kornev A.V., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), research fellow of the department of breeding and seed growing, ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC
- Ogorodnikova E.G., Shilyaeva E.A. Onions and shallots in the Kirov region. 60 years of higher agricultural education in the North-East of the Non-Chernozem region. Materials of the I All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference. Kirov: Vyatka state agricultural Academy. 2004. 240 p. (In Russ.).
- Pivovarov V.F., Yershov I.I., Agafonov A.F. Onion cultures. Moscow. 2001. 499 p. (In Russ.).
- Kononkov P.F., Onishchenko N.V. Production of seeds and sowing of onions. Moscow. Agropromizdat. 1985. 79 p. (In Russ.).
- Feoktistova A.L., Shilyaeva E.A., Ogorodnikova E.G. Onion cultures. Recommendations. Kirov. Avant-Garde. 2009. 62 p. (In Russ.).
- Davletbaeva O.R., Khovrin A.N., Ibragimbekov M.G. Onion batun Long Tokyo in annual culture in the Moscow region. Potato and vegetables. 2018. No5. Pp. 13-14. (In Russ.).
- Khovrin A.N., Monakhos G.F. Production and breeding of onion in Russia. Potato and vegetables. 2014. No7. Pp. 18-21. (In Russ.).
- Shilyaeva E.A. Development of elements of the technology of seed production of shallots in the North-Eastern area of Russia. Materials of the II International scientific-practical conference «Innovative technologies in science and education». Penza. Science and Education. 2017. Pp. 131-133. (In Russ.).
- Yershov I.I., Agafonov A.A., Alekseeva M.V. et al. Methodological guidelines for the selection of onion crops. Moscow. Russian Agricultural Academy. 1997. 123 p. (In Russ.).
- Shilyaeva E.A. Shallot in the North-East of Russia. Vegetables of Russia. 2018. No3. Pp. 40-42. (In Russ.).
- Organoelement regulators of growth of a new generation on garlic. Polyakov A.V., Loginov S.V., Alekseeva T.V., Storozhenko P.A. Potato and vegetables. 2020. No4. Pp. 26-28. (In Russ.).
For citing: Shilyaeva E.A., Kornev A.V. Vegetative and seed methods of propagation of shallots. Potato and vegetables. 2021. No3. Pp. 38-40. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2021.43.66.007 (In Russ.).