Mudrechenko S.L., Maslovskii S.A., Soldatenko A.A., Tkachenko G.V., Karpova N.A., Shapovalova P.N.
The purpose of the work is to develop the technology of storing food potatoes using the drug NaturCover (manufacturer – Decco Italia SRL, Italy). This drug is widely used in organizing the storage of fruit and vegetable (primarily fruit and berry) products abroad and in our country, as a result of which its testing on potatoes is of both scientific and practical interest. Research on the testing of the drug NaturCover was carried out during 2020–2022 at the Field Experimental Station of the, RGAU – MTAA after K.A. Timiryazev. The main components of the NaturCover preparation are sorbic acid (E-200) and Carnauba wax, which make it possible to achieve a preservative and film-forming effect. Four early-ripening potato varieties of domestic and Dutch selection were taken as objects of research – Red Scarlett, Snegir», Riviera and Meteor. When laying out experiments in 2020 and 2021, the following schemes were used: 1. Dry control (without treatment); 2. Wet control (H2O); 3. 4% aqueous solution of NaturCover. Potatoes were laid for experimental storage in II–III decades of October for 1–1,5 weeks after harvesting. The experimental variants were processed in the dosage recommended by the manufacturer by spraying the solution from a spray gun until the tubers were completely wetted and then dried. The consumption of the working solution of the drug was 2 liters per 100 kg of products. The evaluation of the effectiveness of the drugs was carried out according to generally accepted methods for the following parameters: the amount of mass loss in the dynamics of storage; the yield of marketable products during and after the storage period; the amount and structure of losses after 8.5 months of storage. The results obtained confirm the trend towards a positive effect of NaturCover treatments on potato preservation. The drug is most effective on varieties with high shelf life, such as Red Scarlett and Meteor, which turned out to be quite resistant to the development of bacterial rot, which this drug does not suppress. The highest preservation was noted in the Meteor variety (75,15–76,36%).
Key words: potato, storage, processing, NaturCover, preservation, potato diseases
Mudrechenko S.L., post-graduate student, RGAU – MTAA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maslovskiy S.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), associate professor, RGAU – MTAA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: maslowskĳ@i.ua
Soldatenko A.A., Cand. Sci. (Techn.), Chief Engineer of LLC «Verumagro». E-mail: email@example.com
Tkachenko G.V., director of Arteria Inter Fresh LLC. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karpova N.A., assist. of the Department of Processes and Devices of Processing Industries, RGAU – MTAA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: email@example.com
Shapovalova P.N., assist. of the Department of Technology of storage and processing of fruit and vegetable and crop products, RGAU – MTAA after K.A. Timiryazev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The use of polymer-based compositions to increase the preservation of fruit and vegetable products. L. F. Khabibullina, Yu.D. Sidorov, M.A. Polivanov, S.V. Vasilenko. Bulletin of the Technological University. 2017. Vol.20. No19. Pp. 146–150 (In Russ.).
- Tokhtieva E.A. Improvement of onion storage technology. Fundamental and applied research: concepts, methods, innovation. Materials of the VI All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference. Rostov-on-Don, May 12–13, 2022. Rostov-on-Don. Profpresslit. 2022. Pp. 234–236 (In Russ.).
- Tokhtieva E.A. The effect of surface treatment on the preservation of garlic. Innovative technologies of production and processing of agricultural products: Materials of the All-Russian scientific and practical conference in honor of the 90th anniversary of the departments «Feeding, breeding and genetics of farm animals' and «Private Zootechnics» of the Faculty of Technological Management. Vladikavkaz, March 30–31. 2021. Vladikavkaz. Gorsky State Agrarian University. 2021. Pp. 254–256 (In Russ.).
- The effect of treatment with protective preparations on the preservation of edible potatoes. S.L. Mudrechenko, S.A. Maslovskii, N.A. Karpova, E.I. Shcheulova, P.N. Shapovalova, D.A. Salmina, E.K. Mel'nikov. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No3. Pp. 19–22. DOI: 10.25630/PAV.2022.60.20.003 (In Russ.).
- Chitosan-based preparations for creating a polymer coating of fruits and vegetables before long-term storage. F.T. Abdullaev, I.H. Kholmirzaev, N.A. Nematov, L.Y. Zhamolova. Modern scientific research: current issues, achievements and innovations: collection of articles of the XI International Scientific and Practical Conference. Penza, April 20, 2020. Penza: Science and Enlightenment. 2020. Pp. 100–105 (In Russ.).
- Chitosan-based coating for preserving the quality of strawberries. O.M. Blinnikova, I.M. Novikova, L.G. Eliseeva, A.S. Ilyinsky. Storage and processing of agricultural raw materials. 2017. No7. Pp. 11–15 (In Russ.).
For citing: The effectiveness of the use of the drug NaturCover in the storage of food potatoes. S.L. Mudrechenko, S.A. Maslovskii, A.A. Soldatenko, G.V. Tkachenko, N.A. Karpova, P.N. Shapovalova. Potato and vegetables. 2022. No9. Pp. 24-27. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2022.88.47.001 (In Russ.).