Surikhina T.N., Rubtsov A.A.
The article analyzes the main indicators of the development of the agro-industrial complex of the Rostov region. The analysis of the current state of the branches of the agro-industrial complex is carried out. The information base of the research consisted of data from international statistics, official state statistics of the Russian Federation (Rosstat), the Southern Federal District and the Rostov Region, the Ministry of Agriculture of the Rostov Region, operational online messages at the federal and regional levels, periodical press materials reflecting various aspects of the problem under study. As a result, of the analysis of the current state of vegetable growing in the Rostov region, the trends in the growth of vegetable production are noted. The analysis was carried out for 2017-2021. According to Rosstat, in the Rostov region, 25.3–24.2 thousand hectares are annually under vegetable crops, the gross harvest is 574.98–516.51 thousand tons with an average yield of 22.02-20.38 t/ha. The main production of vegetables is concentrated in the households of the population, which in 2021 accounted for 60.3% of the gross harvest and which had 18.4 thousand hectares in their use. the main part of the sown areas are open-ground vegetables and ranges from 27.1–24.2 thousand hectares. The smallest sown area is occupied by garlic 1.4–1.1 thousand hectares and green peas 0.2 - 0.1 thousand hectares. Over the course of five years, the acreage has been decreasing, but not significantly. In the Rostov region, the demand for vegetable products will always remain in the first place, since they are essential goods in human life. And the greater the demand for a certain type of product, the higher the efficiency of vegetable production will be. The current state of vegetable growing is influenced by many different factors: vegetable crop yields, which depend on weather conditions, crop areas, soil fertility, seed quality and crop varieties; the sale of vegetables and determination of the optimal price; export and import of vegetables across the country and regions; provision of farms with means of mechanization and chemicalization; processing costs, storage and transportation of vegetables. Despite all the factors affecting the state of vegetable growing and its development, consumer interest in food does not decrease, which means that the production of vegetable growing will always be in demand throughout our country.
Key words: Rostov region, acreage, gross harvest, yield, population, vegetable growing, production, demand
Surikhina T.N., junior research fellow of the Department of Economics and Forecasts, of ARRIVG – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E–mail: email@example.com
Rubtsov A.A., Cand. Sci. (Agr.), head of BOSOS – branch of FSBSI FSVC. E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economic aspects of the development of vegetable growing in Russia. A.P. Korolkova, N.A. Kuznetsova, M.I. Ivanova, M.V. Shatilov, I.I. Irkov, A.V. Ilyina, V.N. Kuzmin, T.E. Marinchenko. Moscow. Rosinformagrotech. 2021. 204 p. (In Russ.).
- Plotnikova V.V., Garmashova E.P. Trends in the development of the agricultural sector of the Southern Federal District. Economics and Management: Theory and Practice. 2022. Vol.8. No1. Pp. 37–50. (In Russ.).
- Rosstat [Web resource] URL: https://rostov.gks.ru / Access date: 04/27/2022 (In Russ.).
- The material and technical base of the domestic agro-industrial complex: problems and prospects in the conditions of digitalization. E.A. Breusova, K.V. Vodenko, S.G. Safonova, M.S. Sheikhova. Moscow Economic Journal. 2021. No7. Pp. 221–228 (In Russ.).
- Valov E.A., Naumov S.A., Konovalov A.A. Conditions and trends in the development of the agro-industrial complex of the Rostov region. In the papers collection: Economic problems of Russia and the region. Scientific notes. Rostov-on-Don. 2022. Pp. 17–21 (In Russ.).
- Karsekina T.A. The current state of foreign trade activity of the Rostov region and its problems. Interactive science. 2021. 7(62). Pp. 31–35 (In Russ.).
- According to the results of 2022, the Rostov region took the second place in the country in non-primary non-energy exports [Web resource]: https://www.donland.ru/news/21946 / Access date: 24.04.2023 (In Russ.).
- State support of Don farms increased by more than 30% [Web resource]: https://mcx.gov.ru/press-service/regions/gospodderzhka-fermerskikh-khozyaystv-dona-uvelichena-bolee-chem-na-30 / Access date: 24.04.2023 (In Russ.).
For citing: Surikhina T.N., Rubtsov A.A. Analysis of the current state of vegetable growing in the Rostov region. Potato and vegetables. 2023. No5. Pp. 14-18. https://doi.org/10.25630/PAV.2023.61.10.001 (In Russ.).